• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel Drama

What would you do?

• Total voters
My kids found a baby hairless one in February 1982. Brought it home and wanted to keep it. I said sue thinking it would be dead by morning. Well, 13 years later it died a house squirrel. Name was Squeaky. Great pet. Loved mushrooms. Have fostered a bunch of them.

Probably ate a thousand of them when I was a kid. I love squirrel hunting.

Honest question-

Can you house train one?

Will it pee/poop in a litter box or some such?

Honest question-

Can you house train one?

Will it pee/poop in a litter box or some such?

It was a good house pet but it would chew on electrical wiring so I built it a pen about the size of a large fridge. We took him out all the time. He would sometimes pee but not often. Really cool little guy.

Rosie, she's been with me since September. I was evicting a family of them from an attic and she got left behind.

I've read you can litter box train them, but I don't know how. I tried setting her up with a box of shredded newspaper based on online reading, but instead of pissing in it she used it for nesting material.
526e8845c7c785ff8c3a2b80fb7125a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rosie, she's been with me since September. I was evicting a family of them from an attic and she got left behind.

I've read you can litter box train them, but I don't know how. I tried setting her up with a box of shredded newspaper based on online reading, but instead of pissing in it she used it for nesting material.
526e8845c7c785ff8c3a2b80fb7125a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

All the same... They'll just as soon foul their nest as anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom