• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrels and memories

the lackster

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
0   0
Reaction score
My little girl wanted to go get some squirrels yesterday afternoon so off we went. Wind was blowing and they didn't want to cooperate but i managed 4. I wanted her to get to shoot but i had to trick shot every one of them.
Anyway i supervised her as she made us a big batch of biscuits this morning. We cooked them a little done because i like my biscuits almost crunchy if they are going in gravy. Tonight i boiled the squirrel, pulled it off the bone, and then fried it up. Made a gravy from the squirrel grease and then put the meat in to simmer for a little while. Poured over the crumbled up biscuits made for a mighty fine super on this messy cold afternoon. So proud of my little one and the life skills she is learning at this age. Soaking in all the memories while i can.
Screenshot_20200102-194511_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194501_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194454_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200102-194443_Gallery.jpg

Good on you Dad...you're not only teaching valuable lessons but making life long memories.
When you're long gone, she will tell her own children and grandchildren of her adventures with Dad and the many things you taught her.
Those memories and skills are priceless will be valued by her above all the material things you can leave her.

Back
Top Bottom