• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

St. George Island - camping- recommendation?

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
I want to go to Apalachicola -St. Georgia Island for a week or so this summer, before it goes so hot.

I want to take my tow behind camper. Don't much care as long as it has power and a dump station. Can't take the boat, so prefer somewhere with good access to shore fishing.

St. Joes o.k over to Panacea.

Want to avoid P.C., Destin, Pensacola. Other words big cities.

St. George state park. It is beautiful on that side of the island . You have the gulf on 1 side and the bay on the other to fish in.

St. Park is a great place to camp. Couple things...skeeters can be terrible and the coons are very smart. Do not leave anything out that they can get into. They can and will pop lids on containers.

If you cant get into sgi go to cape san blas, its the next island over, i like the camp sites not on the beach, my only complaint is that its not as dog friendly as sgi, but it seems like there were less people.

I've never camped on st. George, but I did rent a house there 1 vacation.
Absolutely the best vacation I ever had. I love st. George

I have fished St. George by boat and Appilachicola and great Sea Trout area. Lots of bugs if you plan it wrong, be aware. Not trying to steal thread but will be down in that area for a week during July 4th. Anybody fish the old bridge?

Back
Top Bottom