• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stabilizing Brace Discussion

According to their line of thought, the average American gun owner will start committing criminal acts as soon as they have a suppressor or machine gun and now a brace. Oh yeah, and also anything that will fire a projectile over .500". When will it be enough? When will we as a nation say "pound sand", and revert back to the original text of the Second Amendment?
IMO, our ATF, supported by our FBI have been intensively concentrated on abridging real American's gun rights for decades, regardless of what President is in charge. IMO, they're embedded leftists who want to use the legacy of their power to take your rights. Even the current ATF-head nominee has said that he thinks ANY semi-automatic rifle with a magazine should be illegal....there's no getting around that. They're Constitutional criminals in my book..

Also I'm here to laugh at boomer doomer posters. Some of the people on this site belly ache and talk more gloom than the fundamentalists that preach outside of courthouses. Americans have been winning 2A battles for 2 decades now that were lost during the 60s through 90s. We've seen unprecedented success in carry laws throughout the US, made ARs common use (an element of protection in its own right), expanded gun owning population to like... 1 in 7 Americans now or more? Guys, we can get through this. Remember, bump stocks were illegal. Were. They're legal again. This is political malarkey on low hanging fruit for dipman to look good for his master that will either be shelved or thrown out near immediately or in a few years. Go to fpcs savethebraces.com and read up how to voice yourselves. Don't be 'too busy or complacent like previous generations
Are you sure bumpstocks are legal? According to the ATF they're machine guns. https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

Not sure if this is 100% correct, but the head of SB Tactical was on Guntalk and he said that according to the ruling, if you purchased a braced gun that flunks their test (almost all of them), the ONLY option is to turn it over to the ATF for destruction, since technically is was (mis)sold as an SBR.

The argument is based on the whole 'you can turn a pistol into a rifle and back again, but not the other way around'. These guns were sold by the manufacturer with a brace that would make them a 'rifle'. Taking off the brace doesn't make it a pistol, since there's no path that direction, so it's still an SBR.

I guess you could put on a 16" upper to get by, but so long as the pistol upper is still around that would technically be open to 'constructive intent'.

Not sure if this interpretation is 100% accurate, since SB obviously has a stake min making things as bad as possible, but that is kind of interesting.

F041242F-1338-49B2-A794-E5CBCCD2B76E.png

According to their line of thought, the average American gun owner will start committing criminal acts as soon as they have a suppressor or machine gun and now a brace. Oh yeah, and also anything that will fire a projectile over .500". When will it be enough? When will we as a nation say "pound sand", and revert back to the original text of the Second Amendment?

They can have my .577 Snider when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

20210610_013728_HDR_(1).jpg

(9mm for size reference)

Back
Top Bottom