• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stack-On QAS-1200 Quick Access Safe Review

Severian

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
With Thanksgiving coming up and family coming in town, to include a 5 year old nephew, I ran out to get a secure lockbox to keep my CZ out of easy reach. My needs being a simple-to-operate, small locking device that could store one handgun at a minimum; I decided on the Stack-On Quick Access Safe, purchased at Sports Authority for $89.

There was a smaller flat box safe for one pistol, but I have the feeling that I'll be getting a concealed carry in the next few months, so I'd better get more space than my immediate needs.

Specs
Steel-Plate Body
Exterior: 10" x 12.25" x 8.25"
Weight: 18 lbs
Power: 4 AA Batteries
Key lock
Floor/Shelf Mounting Kit

i1121.photobucket.com_albums_l518_severian37_DSC03303.jpg

There are three buttons on the top under a rubber mat, and the system allows you to program a three to eight digit combination. Should you enter an incorrect sequence three times, the control pad will lock out for five minutes. If you are the owner and panicking, then I suppose you'd be using your key at this point.

i1121.photobucket.com_albums_l518_severian37_DSC03305.jpg

Inside there is ample space with a removable center shelf. The CZ75 P-01 (compact) easily fits on the top self with a magazine and there is plenty of room to spare, top and bottom.

i1121.photobucket.com_albums_l518_severian37_DSC03306.jpg

Here I have the CZ on the door for better size perspective.

Overall, I'm happy with this device. It's not a fire safe or heavy duty burglar-proof, TL-rated device, but that seemed like overkill for my needs. With this, I can worry less when young ones are in the house, and at the same time, quickly retrieve my pistol at a moment's notice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom