• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stamp day kick in the noots

noob question alert:

If one were to become a NFA holder, buying a suppressor etc... Can the ATF come in their home to inspect that NFA item at any time? Are they on some type of list?

noob question alert:

If one were to become a NFA holder, buying a suppressor etc... Can the ATF come in their home to inspect that NFA item at any time? Are they on some type of list?
They can I guess but they never ever do. IF the ATF shows up to your house :

You broke the law and you damn well know it . They don’t show up at your house on petty crap.

It’s a track and the track leads to you . The atf agents are almost always not what you expect. Many times they are female .

And even if they showed up my answer is no. Anyone reading this should have faith in knowing it won’t happen to them as it’s never happened to me or any other hooligans I know . So you are good

I was going to ask that (not you specifically, but anyone). Can you ever sell or trade a can once you have it? Or are they basically buy & hold forever?
You most definitely can sell and trade. If your item came to you on a form 4 (suppressor or factory SBR, machine gun etc) you can transfer on a form 4 to another individual after they go through the same process you did.

If you have any form 1 SBRs or AOWs or DDs etc you can remove them from the registry (you won’t get your 200.00 back) it will void out your stamp and can go back to its original form (stripped receiver, or long gun, or pistol etc)

Back
Top Bottom