• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stand Your Ground Watch...

Justified?

• Of course

Votes: 47 100.0%
  • Of course not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There was a time when I would have "wounded" but now you may lose everything just "wounding". There's 2 people that can enter my home without permission. All else will be met with unbridled fury

Of course.....armed robbery is a forcible felony

O.C.G.A. 16-3-21
16-3-21. Use of force in defense of self or others; evidence of belief that force was necessary in murder or manslaughter prosecution

(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23, a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

This why the "stand your ground" did not add anything to the rights Georgians have had for 250 years, and it's enactment just mucks things up.

"Stand your ground" was enacted by some legislators who wanted to showboat because passing such laws is what all the cool kids were doing. Didn't matter if the state needed such a law, we got one whether we needed it or not.

This why the "stand your ground" did not add anything to the rights Georgians have had for 250 years, and it's enactment just mucks things up.

"Stand your ground" was enacted by some legislators who wanted to showboat because passing such laws is what all the cool kids were doing. Didn't matter if the state needed such a law, we got one whether we needed it or not.

I agree. It's a meaningless friggin "law" that has to spell out self defense in terms a 2 year old may understand. If anything it opens a door to future debates that may attempt to redefine what all of it means. It's ridiculous.

I'm tired of hearing "teen boys". Those guns they had were full grown. Just as adult as any other guns when being used against someone. They played, they lost. Game over.

If the DA in Rockdale pursues this guy, he should be publicly shunned. It would be a complete disgrace, barring any further evidence that would completely change the story we have heard. And no matter what this guy was doing or what type of person he is, he had a right to self defense when 3 masked gunners attacked him.

Back
Top Bottom