• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Star’ Players Consider Sitting Out

Friend of mine posted this on facebook the other day.

Screenshot_20180526-205505.png

Friend of mine posted this on facebook the other day.

View attachment 1642950
I get that, and the post is correct about the right to be an asshole in the USA. But some of the people in this country are smart enough to see what's behind the protest, the problem, if you will.

It's about ridiculously overpaid entertainers taking instances of police abuse, setting them into a divisive racial context (but some of the police are, after all, people of color, too), and saying look how victimized we are. Entertainers are paid well to entertain. Most people just want to relax and watch the game, and not have some political issue shoved down their throats every game-day. It's kind of like the Dixie Chicks thing... shut up and sing. That's why there's been so much blow back on this kneeling issue. The resistance to it manifests itself as patriotism.

The moral is, just shut up and play.

I get that, and the post is correct about the right to be an asshole in the USA. But some of the people in this country are smart enough to see what's behind the protest, the problem, if you will.

It's about ridiculously overpaid entertainers taking instances of police abuse, setting them into a divisive racial context (but some of the police are, after all, people of color, too), and saying look how victimized we are. Entertainers are paid well to entertain. Most people just want to relax and watch the game, and not have some political issue shoved down their throats every game-day. It's kind of like the Dixie Chicks thing... shut up and sing. That's why there's been so much blow back on this kneeling issue. The resistance to it manifests itself as patriotism.

The moral is, just shut up and play.

Yeah I get the stupidity, ignorance, and hypocrisy of their protest, believe me I do. But the fact is all they're doing is quietly taking a knee, nobody has to watch them unless you go out intentionally looking for them kneeling. Hell the NFL smartly quit showing it on TV and that triggered some people so they have to go search briebart news for the pictures and attention of the kneelers they don't care about :confused: I mean damn, 6 of the first 10 threads in the sports forum is about the NFL kneelers. You've got to be a pretty big fan to give them that much attention.

Yeah I get the stupidity, ignorance, and hypocrisy of their protest, believe me I do. But the fact is all they're doing is quietly taking a knee, nobody has to watch them unless you go out intentionally looking for them kneeling. Hell the NFL smartly quit showing it on TV and that triggered some people so they have to go search briebart news for the pictures and attention of the kneelers they don't care about :confused: I mean damn, 6 of the first 10 threads in the sports forum is about the NFL kneelers. You've got to be a pretty big fan to give them that much attention.
aint no fan of the nfl at all.

Back
Top Bottom