• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Star Destroyer finished

They look great furious furious . I remember the U.F.O. one. That was really cool. :thumb:

You mentioned the Enterprise model was 36". That is a large model and I'm sure that makes the attention to detail that much more important.

I've been building models since I was a kid in the early 70s. Things progressed with the internet and I could research different building and painting techniques. I started building full time about ten years ago and it has snowballed. Since then I've competed in a few competitions across the country and took first place at Modelmania in Houston TX.
I build armor models for myself, my dad and then would sell a few of those. Then I built some sci-fi models and saw how much they sold for. A Star Trek model I built sold for $1500. Then I found Star Wars kits and people aggressively bid on those when I post one on Ebay. I'm currently finishing up a Steyr RSO for myself but after that I'll be starting on a scratch built Death Star II.

USS Enterprise refit was 36" long. It was fitted with stobes, becons, impulse engines that would fade to warp drive at the push of a button.
View attachment 2468058 View attachment 2468059

1/16 scale Maxxpro
View attachment 2468060

I've built a few UFO diorams like this. The UFO was 17" and the base is 24x24.
View attachment 2468061 View attachment 2468062

There you go, that’s what I’m talking about.

1/35 scale Terminator Future Wars diorama. I still have this one in my display case.
DSCN1845.JPG
DSCN1847.JPG
DSCN1858 - Copy.JPG

If you guys know anyone who would be interested in one of my models then please let them know about me. This is my only form of income after being shafted by the VA and SS. I have chronic pancreatitis that keeps me from working a steady job. I'm on enzyme supplements now that have helped me but I still have bad weeks. Building models keeps my mind off of being sick.

I also do commission work so if you have a favorite model then I can build it for you. Aircraft, cars, military vehicles, sci-fi, figures, etc. It would be much easier to deliver a model to one of you guys than it is to sell on Ebay and ship across the country.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom