• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Start A Corona Garden Now

I don't know much about gardening at all, but If you like squash? It grows like wild fire here in GA and makes an Awesome substitute for potatoes . Grilled or fried zucchini squash is one of my family's favorite. I want to learn more about growing cauliflower though...Man , you can do all kinds a different dishes with it. Buffalo cauliflower is almost as good as wings imo ; you can boil it and mash it like mashed tators too...dang, now I gotta get some cauliflower :hungry:
How do you prepare Buffalo Cauliflower?

Tilled both gardens with the tractor today. We have plants just about ready to put in the ground. Tomatoes, 3 types of peppers and okra. The rest we will plant from seeds in the garden. Rattlesnake green beans, Butter beans, Black-eyed peas, Squash, Zucchini, Egg plant, corn, cucumbers, water melon and canalope

I like to can. 50 quarts of pickles in 2018 and 50 quarts of pickled squash in 2019. Mushroom mulch is solid gold.
Also do well with okra and it will keep producing until October. God is good all the time.
I think canning goes right along with gardening. Many tomato's and vegetables really start producing and there is no way to eat it all. I usually can tomato's, green beans and okra. It is a great way to store food for the future and hard times without refrigeration. And yes, He IS.

I can every year. Green beans, tomatoes, collards, squash etc. along with my own homemade beef stew, chili, chicken and Brunswick stew. Canning is like reloading. It ain’t hard but you’ve got to follow the rules. Nothing better than eating all winter and spring on what you grew in the summer and fall.

Tilled both gardens with the tractor today. We have plants just about ready to put in the ground. Tomatoes, 3 types of peppers and okra. The rest we will plant from seeds in the garden. Rattlesnake green beans, Butter beans, Black-eyed peas, Squash, Zucchini, Egg plant, corn, cucumbers, water melon and canalope

Okra is a hot weather plant just like sweet potatoes. We may still have some chilly nights which can stunt the growth. You may want to wait until the soil temp is closer to 70F.

Back
Top Bottom