• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started a Keto diet.

Ironically, Bypass Bypass , you posted about a year ago about going on a diet and starting a workout program. That inspired me to do the same.

I did the Keto and intermittent fasting and it really works. But as DADI03 DADI03 said, there are no cheat days. Make sure you dont just eat huge steaks and hamburger patties. There is a science to it.

The protein that I ate was no bigger than my palm, the rest of my plate was FRESH vegetables, not frozen or canned. I also ate 1/2 avocado for lunch, 1/2 for dinner. That's the good fat that you need.

You can do it man. Keto is an easy diet to stick to since the food is good and you aren't just eating raw carrots and celery.

Ironically, Bypass Bypass , you posted about a year ago about going on a diet and starting a workout program. That inspired me to do the same.

I did the Keto and intermittent fasting and it really works. But as DADI03 DADI03 said, there are no cheat days. Make sure you dont just eat huge steaks and hamburger patties. There is a science to it.

The protein that I ate was no bigger than my palm, the rest of my plate was FRESH vegetables, not frozen or canned. I also ate 1/2 avocado for lunch, 1/2 for dinner. That's the good fat that you need.

You can do it man. Keto is an easy diet to stick to since the food is good and you aren't just eating raw carrots and celery.

This - my first go round several years ago was full gusto - no carbs but unfettered fat and protein, including daily doses of bacon and cheese. Lost weight but jacked my cholesterol up - My Fitness Pal to track micro-nutrients, highly recommended.

Keto for the weight loss and then what I call “carb-conscious” for maintenance afterwards.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This - my first go round several years ago was full gusto - no carbs but unfettered fat and protein, including daily doses of bacon and cheese. Lost weight but jacked my cholesterol up - My Fitness Pal to trick micro-nutrients, highly recommended.

Keto for the weight loss and then what I call “carb-conscious” for maintenance afterwards.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it for 6 months. Like you, I'm cautious of carbs. Rule of thumb, nothing white, sugar, bread, potatoes, rice etc.

I used a keto app. It was very easy to use. It also helped with the ratio. You could see what micro you needed more of. Eating high protein is easy but keto is about a balance of fat, carbs, and protein. Get to high or low in any of those and it throws the balance off.

I was tired as heck and grumpy as all get out on the keto diet. I dropped 15 lbs but for the last 5 days I was stuck at a certain number so I ordered a pizza and ate half of it and gained 3 pounds over night. I have never gained more than a pound from eating a "whole" pizza before.

This keto diet ****ed everything up. I'm done with it. I will just have to go back to counting calories again.

I was tired as heck and grumpy as all get out on the keto diet. I dropped 15 lbs but for the last 5 days I was stuck at a certain number so I ordered a pizza and ate half of it and gained 3 pounds over night. I have never gained more than a pound from eating a "whole" pizza before.

This keto diet ****ed everything up. I'm done with it. I will just have to go back to counting calories again.

Sounds like you need to eat more fat. Eat an avocado every day. Add an extra strip of bacon or cook with a little bacon fat. Don't give up, it really works.

Back
Top Bottom