• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started a Keto diet.

Sounds like you need to eat more fat. Eat an avocado every day. Add an extra strip of bacon or cook with a little bacon fat. Don't give up, it really works.
They have no idea what a friggen avocado is in alabama.Catfish and pork or nothing.

I ordered a pizza and ate half of it and gained 3 pounds over night. I have never gained more than a pound from eating a "whole" pizza before.
Take a
giphy (1).gif
dump.

You just put your water weight back on. You'll put back on another 5 lbs in the next day or 2. About the first 10 lbs you lose is water which is where the sugars store in your muscle for energy. I was dead tired for the first month of it. Like walk up a set of stairs and need a nap tired. Your body goes to the sugars stored in your muscles for the added boost they need to perform when doing physical activity. When you remove the sugar from your diet it trains your body to go to the fat for energy. It takes a few day to get to this state (ketosis) and about a month for your body to get used/learn to doing it efficiently. I lost 55 lbs when l did it in about 2.5 months. The first month was rough. After that it was easy and the weight was falling off. Keep it up. You will enjoy the results

It’s awesome.
Be careful if you have diabetes or other blood sugar complications. Hopping on keto does wonders for these issues however if you cheat and have a massive sugar overload, you could put yourself in a world of hurt.

They always talk about the 'keto flu'. Some people have a really tough reaction to being in ketosis. For most Americans it's an alternate metabolic pathway that's never been used. I know when I've tried keto I feel terrible.

I actually had more luck with Tim Ferris's 'slow carb' diet from his book "The 4 Hour Body". It's a good read in and of itself but the diet is somewhere between Keto and Mediterranean. No sugars or 'white carbs', but allows a lot of things keto doesn't. The rules and strategies are simple and there's a cheat day each week to help you let off steam.

I could never stick to a keto diet, but I ran with this one for months a while back and lost 5lbs a week like clockwork. It got me down 50 pounds or so before I decided that just one pizza on a non-cheat day wouldn't hurt. Then a beer or two while out with friends, then some chips with the no-bun burger. Now, 5 years later I don't even try and put all that 50 lbs back on.

Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom