• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started a Keto diet.

Hey u got it man. U lose weight that’s a good result! Keep it up
Funny all of this weight gain started 5 years ago. I was 6'2" 200 or a little less until I was 42 then the VA started me on some meds that the side effects, affects, defective brain LOL J/K---- side affects are weight gain and I gained 100 pounds in two years eating the same as I had all my life.

Exercise to lose if you are able. I weigh 305 right now and am 6'2" I'm worried about destroying my knees If I were to try and run. Golfing is keeping me at a steady weight with a little loss daily and I eat a low calorie diet to help.
Try riding a bike or even walking . You get about the same benefit without all the wear and tear on your knees. Just please don’t wear the bike shorts.......

Try riding a bike or even walking . You get about the same benefit without all the wear and tear on your knees. Just please don’t wear the bike shorts.......
200w.gif

I'm sorry LOL

If you're losing by counting calories l feel like that is the best way to go. Keto if you can stick with it for a couple of months will really kick start it but damn near impossible to maintain imo. I have a friend that does keto life style for the most part. He says he feels better and more awake and aware on it. He does around 50 carbs a day not including veggies. So its not to strict. You won't really cut weight at 50 carbs a day though. You want to stay around 20 carbs for weight loss

Funny all of this weight gain started 5 years ago. I was 6'2" 200 or a little less until I was 42 then the VA started me on some meds that the side effects, affects, defective brain LOL J/K---- side affects are weight gain and I gained 100 pounds in two years eating the same as I had all my life.
Hahahahh

Sugar is what kills us. The food industry has decades of research that lets them know what keeps us addicted to their highly process, crap food. It makes them millions.

Many of the high dollar investors of the food industry are also heavily invested in the pharmaceutical industry.
Feed em crap, get em sick, sell em drugs. It’s a disgusting industry.

Strokes, heart attacks, rheumatoid arthritis, type II diabetes, alzheimer's...I truly believe 95% of cases that involve these ailments could be prevented/bettered by cutting out sugar.

When I had my studio, I helped a few clients reverse their type II diabetes. With the help of their doctors, they where able completely get off metformin and keep A1C in normal ranges.

food can be the ultimate medicine and the ultimate toxin.

Intermittent fasting > Keto > Carnivore here. Went from the 280's to 205 took about a year, 20lbs to go (I'm 6'1") 57 years old. eating this way about 1.5 years now, strict for 1.

Biggest change was going to Keto, strick and clean, Carnivore feels best now that I add/eat lots of fat (heavy butter, fatty meat) eat when I'm hungry, 2x max a day, no snacking....tough to do in a house of carb lovers, no one will do the diet or they expect it to be painless ( was for me) no monk fruit these days, took a while to wean off of all sweeteners BUT I really love ICE cream and do pig out on occasion, pizza ( eating mostly topping) every so often too.....weight stays between 205-210 eating this way.... really nothing like it after after a lifetime of being fat, the side effects are incredible.
No heartburn, ever, used to be a daily thing, really bad.
skin, way improved.
Hair is darker was greying a lot.
A1C is much much better (no longer pre diabetic)
I tan now, used to just turn red and burn.
Libido -wow
waist size was 44 now 34
shoe size went down by a half size
shirt size 3xl down to xl
energy - through the roof, back to riding mountain bikes again.
sleep is much better ( no more snoring, no sleep apnea - wife changer there)
skin tags disappeared
Mentally sharper ( by most accounts :) )
on and on

What is amazing is how few people I know will even try it, when I'm living proof of the benefits.
Sugar, wheat and flour are killers and the government makes big $ from that industry group, all studies go to promote the use. Sugar is worse than crack.

To the OP stay with it and enjoy your new life. Better at 57 than at 37, by a lot!

Good luck!

What is amazing is how few people I know will even try it, when I'm living proof of the benefits.

Sugar, wheat and flour are killers and the government makes big $ from that industry group, all studies go to promote the use. Sugar is worse than crack.

The food pyramid was introduced to society in the 1970s. Within 10 to 15 years, everyone in the USA believed fat was deadly. And "everyone" included doctors, nutritionists, the school nurse, etc.

It's a fascinating case study in brainwashing on a massive scale.

Back
Top Bottom