• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

started a new project

That one is coming together nice, Brad. I remember when those cafe' runners started getn popular in the early 80's in Ga....
I looked at them things setting still.....watched folks ride em.....saw how fast they were.....etc., etc.,

I kept saying to myself (i was riding a Ltd1000 at the time) " Those just cant be comfortable to ride for a few hours or more" .....that hunched over feeling, holding little bars...just didnt sit right to me. I grew up on the laid back bikes. My dad AND MOM both rode, mostly Harleys, Triumphs, but also later they rode Honda and Yamahaw ahaw haw haw! ..

Everybody likes what they like....some like them all. I do. I just cant ride them all comfortably.

They are all cool though, that one is looking real nice....blast from the past, to me!

That one is coming together nice, Brad. I remember when those cafe' runners started getn popular in the early 80's in Ga....
I looked at them things setting still.....watched folks ride em.....saw how fast they were.....etc., etc.,

I kept saying to myself (i was riding a Ltd1000 at the time) " Those just cant be comfortable to ride for a few hours or more" .....that hunched over feeling, holding little bars...just didnt sit right to me. I grew up on the laid back bikes. My dad AND MOM both rode, mostly Harleys, Triumphs, but also later they rode Honda and Yamahaw ahaw haw haw! ..

Everybody likes what they like....some like them all. I do. I just cant ride them all comfortably.

They are all cool though, that one is looking real nice....blast from the past, to me!
I remember the trend from early in the 70s....have the cruiser style upright position bikes..they have there purpose (long trips and comfort) i like the untouched vintage bikes..i like the Harley bobber 47 hard tail style bike..i like the drag bikes too..this bike is more for me and my style of riding..which is the look of modern vintage cafe' streetfighter...using parts i have laying around and modifying them to fit my minds' image..its more for fast mountain riding but not so stupid fast that i outride my own ass..and will be unique enough to not be classed..its more of a" muscle'' bike 70s style but with a twist.

and for anyone who has ridden a vintage bike on a curvy road..its so neutral (neutered) that its not fun to ride not to mention how bad those shocks are..small bumps upset the handling so bad its dangerous.. this should handle more modern and be more flexible and tunable to my riding it!

I remember the trend from early in the 70s....have the cruiser style upright position bikes..they have there purpose (long trips and comfort) i like the untouched vintage bikes..i like the Harley bobber 47 hard tail style bike..i like the drag bikes too..this bike is more for me and my style of riding..which is the look of modern vintage cafe' streetfighter...using parts i have laying around and modifying them to fit my minds' image..its more for fast mountain riding but not so stupid fast that i outride my own ass..and will be unique enough to not be classed..its more of a" muscle'' bike 70s style but with a twist.

No doubt about it, it will be fun on those twisty roads of the Dragon Pecker or whatever that is up there ! Lol....
I think it is gonna perform well too form what i see.
I too have always like drag bikes....you dont really ride them, you aim them, pull the trigger and hope you can hang on without foul. (Hee hee! )

Look forward to seeing the completed bike ! You do some good work, pops too!

and for anyone who has ridden a vintage bike on a curvy road..its so neutral (neutered) that its not fun to ride not to mention how bad those shocks are..small bumps upset the handling so bad its dangerous.. this should handle more modern and be more flexible and tunable to my riding it!
Oh so true! Lol

Ive been riding bikes for 40 years...i like the modern sport bikes but also know my own limits,.. the faster a bike goes the faster i want it to go Ken Ford Ken Ford know exactly what i mean!
I want to find out what the ragged edge of performance the bike has to offer... Then try to get a little more each time.

IMG_2720.JPG

Back
Top Bottom