• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started my 80 percent Anderson lower build

Benhad

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
140   2
Reaction score
image.jpeg
What do y'all think? I started with the jig and the 38 1/8 inch drill bit and then moved to 3/8 and ended up using two end mill bit and without these it would have been a paper weight.
Tomorrow I will finish sanding and killing the bottom where the drill bit marks are and install the lower parts kit. Mount an upper and head to the range. Cerakote is on its way and will post more pics soon....
Any questions ask away....

Looks good brother! I've done a couple of 80% lowers in the past myself. Took me awhile with a drill press, but I love the clean look after they're done. The ones I did were black anodized.

I wasn't sure if the black would scratch up when adding and removing the jig....
I put a couple of layers of masking tape on them before I put the jig on. No scratches. I also went really slow when doing the hammer, trigger and selector holes so none of the finish chipped off around them.

I put a couple of layers of masking tape on them before I put the jig on. No scratches. I also went really slow when doing the hammer, trigger and selector holes so none of the finish chipped off around them.

Good info thanks! I found a site that carries the black anodized at a great price. I will go that route next.
I'm pretty stoked how it turned out and once I clean up the drill bit marks on the bottom I will be more pleased

Good info thanks! I found a site that carries the black anodized at a great price. I will go that route next.
I'm pretty stoked how it turned out and once I clean up the drill bit marks on the bottom I will be more pleased
I just left the drill marks in mine. LOL They look rough inside, but they work 100%

The only complaint I have with mine are that PMAGs won't work with them. The magwells are too tight.

I just left the drill marks in mine. LOL They look rough inside, but they work 100%

The only complaint I have with mine are that PMAGs won't work with them. The magwells are too tight.
I'm going to clean up some of the drill marks...do they make an end mill bit to help clean up the bottom any better? Or do you think lightly going over it with the same one will clean it up?

Back
Top Bottom