• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started working out with weights again.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
And Bought a recumbent exercise bike. Wish me luck. Hopefully by next year I'll be back down to my fighting weight.

Before picture.
1634213527811.png

Good luck and don't go balls to the walls. Start out slow and work into a routine.
Yes Sir. Doing one set of 15 on my weights right now for first two weeks. Biceps triceps and shoulders day 1 and day two chest back and legs. 5 days a week. So I should be good on working up slow to avoid a heart attack.

Yes Sir. Doing one set of 15 on my weights right now for first two weeks. Biceps triceps and shoulders day 1 and day two chest back and legs. 5 days a week. So I should be good on working up slow to avoid a heart attack.

I'm 10 years older than you and heart attack or stroke were my concerns to. I started with 5 minutes on the the bike and worked my up from there. I did calisthenics and stretching for 2-3 weeks before I started in with the weights. Pick a diet you can live with and don't get all radical from the start. You can do this.

That's great. Like other's said start slow and work your way up. Also, stretch a lot before and after. As we get older, we find out we don't recover like we used to after a workout. I started getting back in to the weights(in my 40s) and holy hell if I don't stretch I pay dearly. I need to add some cardio in, thinking of getting a recumbent bike or elliptical to mix it up. I weighed myself last night and wasn't too happy at the results :lol:. I'm about 30-40lbs over what I weighed in my 20s and early 30s.

I'm 10 years older than you and heart attack or stroke were my concerns to. I started with 5 minutes on the the bike and worked my up from there. I did calisthenics and stretching for 2-3 weeks before I started in with the weights. Pick a diet you can live with and don't get all radical from the start. You can do this.
I would start with calisthenics but my bike ain't here yet from the exchange and my knees wouldn't be able to handle the treadmill at my weight.

Back
Top Bottom