• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Started working out with weights again.

Just be consistent in small ways. Like doing something weight/cardio wise most days. Don't worry too much if it's not what you wanted/needed to get done that day, just do something. Do the same with your diet, start with consistent change in small ways. Don't beat yourself up for small setbacks or when life gets in the way. Just let that day go and get right back on track the next day. Give yourself a day or two each week to do what you want rest/diet wise. I mean do you really want to live to be 85 and never eat ice cream again when you could live to 83 and eat ice cream once a week? Not me man, lol.

It's the consistent/repetitive change that resets your mind. That reset in mindset changes your habits, and those changes in habit lead to long term permanent results. I look forward to the updated and the "one year later" pics! You have done much harder tasks in your lifetime than this. You've got this man.

I think you have already stopped smoking, right? If not, you have to for any of this to matter. One way I motivate myself is to remind myself daily I have the responsibility to take care of my family. To provide for my wife, to see my children into adulthood and way beyond, to be around to be a grand paw to their yet unborn and pass along the heritage of freedom and selfless love of country that was passed on to me. There a lot of things that I could do that would be pleasing to me alone, but I have been blessed to be the leader/father figure to a small clan...and that requires that I do for them first, even when it comes to PT and diet. during the last days of my Army career I served a short time in the 245 Aviation Regiment and when it comes to my life these days I keep the Regimental Crest mounted on the inside of my closet door, so I see it every morning.................

1634219356287.png

From you past posts I know you have a good family that's depending on you that you love with all your heart. Keep that in front of you and all the rest will fall away. Your are a good man Bypass Bypass God bless you in this journey.

I think you have already stopped smoking, right? If not, you have to for any of this to matter. One way I motivate myself is to remind myself daily I have the responsibility to take care of my family. To provide for my wife, to see my children into adulthood and way beyond, to be around to be a grand paw to their yet unborn and pass along the heritage of freedom and selfless love of country that was passed on to me. There a lot of things that I could do that would be pleasing to me alone, but I have been blessed to be the leader/father figure to a small clan...and that requires that I do for them first, even when it comes to PT and diet. during the last days of my Army career I served a short time in the 245 Aviation Regiment and when it comes to my life these days I keep the Regimental Crest mounted on the inside of my closet door, so I see it every morning.................

View attachment 3587443

From you past posts I know you have a good family that's depending on you that you love with all your heart. Keep that in front of you and all the rest will fall away. Your are a good man Bypass Bypass God bless you in this journey.
Awesome post Sir and thank you. :)

Consider it like brushing your teeth or taking a shower, something that you do everyday.
if you embrace it, enjoy it , you will continue.

in for results over the next few months.

I've lost about 80lbs 9 years ago by simply eating low calorie and using a elliptical 30 minutes a day.

Gained it all back over the next 8 years.

This year I lost 90lbs by simply not eating carbs.

Turns out not eating what makes you fat is a hell of a lot easier than eating it, then working it off every evening or morning.

As many have said start slow and be safe, practice good form. you will get results faster than you think. Calories in Calories out is the key to weight loss. Burn more then you take in or take in less than you burn.

Back
Top Bottom