• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starter or alternator help, advice, suggestions

Only problem i see is if I get it off then how the heck am I gonna get it back on

Stick a folded piece of paper in the socket so the bolt is friction held in the socket. You may have to tape the socket to the extension so it doesn't pop off if you have to get creative threading it into the tight space.

If you can get it apart, it WILL go back together.

Stick a folded piece of paper in the socket so the bolt is friction held in the socket. You may have to tape the socket to the extension so it doesn't pop off if you have to get creative threading it into the tight space.

If you can get it apart, it WILL go back together.
Ain't got no choice but to put it back on lol. All the videos show 5.4 and I have a 4.6, seems like they have a little more room and I got small hands too. Rd 2 will start shortly

The page I found had plenty of hints in the comments also.
Including going through the wheel well.
Most seem to have used a deep well 3/8 drive, a wobble joint and about 20" of extension.
http://www.happywrenching.com/ford/f150/ford-f-150-starter-replacement-removal-and-installation.html
I saw that but I have no jack stands and am parked on a slight incline, I think what's making this so hard is having a small of amount of tools to use and not the right ones. I'm about to walk to walmart since it's the closest, I need that 1/4 inch 13mm socket, have no idea where it went under the truck, gotta be laying on something up in there

In that case another comment was from the top with a wrench.
It is frustrating not having the right tools.
You could block the wheels, use the factory jack and put boards under the tire to get a little room. Be careful obviously.

Back
Top Bottom