• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starter problem?

It's not a specific battery code,it's a generic discount code

Trt30
Trt40
Trt41

There are more,just use whichever one works

Check your ground connection, wherever the black wire from your battery is attached to the body. Make sure there is no corrosion on the body where it is attached.

Also, there is a ground (or a couple) strap from your engine to frame, Get someone to show you where it is, and check that.

Ground issues can be frustrating, sproadic and hard to diagnose.

If all the lights go out when you turn to start mode, you've got a bad connection. Its a good enough connection to run the lights but when the big draw happens, it arcs out. Sounds like you've found the poor connection at the battery. If that does not prove to be it, check the main ground on the block from the battery.

Glad it worked out, those terminals should have a coating put on them, if nothing else vaseline.

buy yourself an electrical test meter. Next time put the test leads across the battery and watch what happens to the voltage when you turn the key to start.

A another educational informational post by Geaux LSU, informational problem solving by many, who says you can't learn on here. This place has more helpful individuals than any place we ever seen or visited..

Thanks, members for some info to draw from down the road...

i replaced mine with some aftermarket bolts
really tightens them up havent experienced
anymore issues with loose connections

Cable connections may look fine, make sure they are both tight. Get a 5/32 or 8mm wrench and loosen and tighten the battery cables where they connect to the battery, this same issue happens on our suburban about every two weeks.

Glad it worked out, those terminals should have a coating put on them, if nothing else vaseline.

buy yourself an electrical test meter. Next time put the test leads across the battery and watch what happens to the voltage when you turn the key to start.
Skip the coating, clean and reinstall. Check every few months.

These newer vehicles will not even attempt to turn over if the battery doesn't have over 12 volts.

I've taken batteries that wouldn't function in a newer vehicle and work fine in my 79 Jeep.

If you get 7 years out of a good battery, you've done good. The best battery on the market is the Optima, hands down. It cost more, but you get what you pay for.

I would crank the vehicle and check the voltage while running. If the voltage isn't above 14 volts, then you have an alternator problem.

Back
Top Bottom