• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starter problem?

Continuing the code in the pdf: E=May, 12=2012.
Or it could be 2000 with the 0, but having a working battery that old isn't as likely.
So you are just ignoring the first letter? The convention is different in that link. 2012 could very well be right but something else weird (maybe) is that the case has a protrusion that fits a bottom clamp to secure the battery in place (along with a top retention bar). It "almost" looks OEM. It's not, I remember where I bought the replacement. Just wondering if all side post batteries are built like that which I'd find odd.
Oh well, enough pointless pontification. I'm going to get it tested and almost assuredly a new battery...

So you are just ignoring the first letter? The convention is different in that link. 2012 could very well be right but something else weird (maybe) is that the case has a protrusion that fits a bottom clamp to secure the battery in place (along with a top retention bar). It "almost" looks OEM. It's not, I remember where I bought the replacement. Just wondering if all side post batteries are built like that which I'd find odd.
Oh well, enough pointless pontification. I'm going to get it tested and almost assuredly a new battery...

Just speculation on the code. My guess is that battery was probably made for a specific retailer (Walmart, Autozone, PepBoys, Advance, etc..) to their spec and is using their date code system.

Back
Top Bottom