• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starting to load 223 - where to buy bullets

gacajun

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
36   0
Reaction score
I am just getting set up to load 223 REM for my AR and need to find a place to buy bullets. I'm looking for 55 or 77 gr FMJ in 223 REM. I want to buy 1,000 rounds. Does anyone have any good websites to buy 223 bullets in bulk?

Also, which primers do you use for 223? I've loaded mostly 9mm and 38sp and use small pistol primers for that...just not sure which primers to use for 223.

I'll consult my Lee Reloading book for powders and charge rates, I just need to find the bullets in bulk.

Any suggestions are appreciated...thanks.

Appropriate small rifle primers for AR loads:

CCI 450
CCI BR4
CCI M41 Mil Spec
Wolf Small Rifle Magnum
Wolf Small Rifle 223
Remington 7 1/2
Federal 205
Magtech 7 1/2
Tula Small Rifle Magnum 5.56

All of the above have thicker cups (typically .025") than regular small rifle primers (typically 0.20"), making them more resistant to slam firing when used in guns with free floating firing pins.

Shop around, you never know who'll have a sale on. I'll add Powder Valley, Graphs and Sons, and Midsouth Shooters Supply to the list. I sometimes am able to get the best price from Cabelas when they offer sale prices and free shipping. Midway, while rarely the cheapest price on most things usually beats them all when it comes to fast shipping and customer service for me.

There's a place in Braselton right off of Hwy 211 on Hwy 124 called Shooters World LLC. That's fairly close to Jefferson. They had some decent prices at a gun show recently and while you'll have to pay tax you won't have to pay shipping. Plus you don't have to wait which is a big plus for me. The sources the other responders pointed out are all good sources. I've bought from most of them. X2 on Midway. Their shipping can't be beat. I usually get stuff in 2-3 days at most.

There's a place in Braselton right off of Hwy 211 on Hwy 124 called Shooters World LLC. That's fairly close to Jefferson. They had some decent prices at a gun show recently and while you'll have to pay tax you won't have to pay shipping. Plus you don't have to wait which is a big plus for me. The sources the other responders pointed out are all good sources. I've bought from most of them. X2 on Midway. Their shipping can't be beat. I usually get stuff in 2-3 days at most.

Went to Shooters World today. Great guys to deal with and close to me. They don't add the hazardous charges etc so if you are buying smaller (1000 or under) amounts it is at a good price. Also picked up A2230 for 20 bucks for a pound. Considering Midway is 19.XX plus shipping I thought it was good deal.

Back
Top Bottom