• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Staying comfortable

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
How do you guys stay comfortable in your long sits in a tree stand. I really only have the problem in lock on or ladder stands that don't have back support. I bought some of the cheap Walmart Ameristep ladders at the end of last year and I was hurting after a few hours on opening weekend. My Summit Titan climber and my BigFoot XL Lounger hang on, I can sit in all day long with zero issues.

Awe hell no

I put a recliner up in a tree.

My Nephews called it the Cadillac stand.

There were many naps taken in that stand. lol

My API grand slam was a good all day stand that I could easily sleep in.
I’m using a Lone Wolf assault right now that is pretty non comfortable but it keeps me alert.
I don’t want to nap on this one because it has no front rail and I would be hanging from my safety rope if I dozed off.

I found that it’s a more comfortable experience with smaller diameter trees and I’m really impressed with the stability and positive engaging tree teeth from it.
It’s the most quiet climber I’ve ever used going up and down the tree and it packs very compactly/lightweights 14.7Lb.
The seat bottom is rock hard and I could probably benefit from a thick foam pad like the ones used for turkey season.

How do you guys stay comfortable in your long sits in a tree stand. I really only have the problem in lock on or ladder stands that don't have back support. I bought some of the cheap Walmart Ameristep ladders at the end of last year and I was hurting after a few hours on opening weekend. My Summit Titan climber and my BigFoot XL Lounger hang on, I can sit in all day long with zero issues.
376142b10e8d11e0f13bc188d33c4731.jpg