• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak poll- Outback vs. Longhorn

What do you prefer, Outback or Longhorn?

• Outback

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Longhorn

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other restaurant- post it

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Home cooked only- post recipe/ method

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Steak Tacos!

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’m admitting that I’m a vegetarian (you will be reported)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Light Green Egg- Raise temp to 600+degrees
Take 2lb bone in ribeye or standard ribeye to room temperature
Using paper towels- remove all moisture from meat as this will "boil" the outside layer
Apply light olive oil (Extra virgin, not blended)
Kosher salt and hand cracked black pepper to both sides
When green egg has "soaked/ maintained" at temp for 10minutes or more- Burp grill

Add steaks, 3minutes- flip Close top and bottom air vents 3minutes

Remove steak and let it rest- Enjoy!
Hey... that's my secret. Right out of the BGE cookbook.

Used to love eating with some Italian friends. They'd char the steak a bit crispy on a high heat, an then cut it into strips, serving it very rare. Put a little pile of Arugula on top, lots of salt and pepper, drizzle of olive oil and a good amount of balsamic. To finish it off they'd crumble a generous amount of aged parmesan over the top, parmesan so old an aged almost crystalised. So good.

Used to love eating with some Italian friends. They'd char the steak a bit crispy on a high heat, an then cut it into strips, serving it very rare. Put a little pile of Arugula on top, lots of salt and pepper, drizzle of olive oil and a good amount of balsamic. To finish it off they'd crumble a generous amount of aged parmesan over the top, parmesan so old an aged almost crystalised. So good.

That sounds AMAZING!

B2E9C634-FE25-42B4-9FF8-335473672660.gif

I love going to the grocery store and finding the oldest discolored steak in the cooler, While the soccer mom's are picking up the red shiny one's. Give me that old aged dark piece of flesh, it will be good.:hungry:

Longhorn is the Walmart of steak houses. I hate them. The steaks are okay but the service is almost always marginal at best and the clientele is nasty. I'm always sitting next to a couple of 400 pounders wearing tank tops and jean shorts who smell like they left a Bass tournament in July and stopped by the tobacco outlet store on the way to Longhorn. I really hate that place now. Last time I was there, the beer tap drains were sour and you could smell it around the whole bar and the three dirty bartenders who appeared to be allergic to soap and water were lounging around and gossiping rather than cleaning one of the seven dirty empty tables in the bar area. They're about as likely to get your order correct as McDonalds....say 50/50. Haven't been back since.
You need to get out of Gwinnett county.

Back
Top Bottom