• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

StealthGear Holsters

Alien Gear holsters has my vote! I love mine and similar to stealth gear. Check them out! I carried a G26 G4 and you can't tell it's on me. I'm a slim guy and it's very comfortable when I'm driving as well.

Complaints:

It does not retain the weapon like my Theis. I do flips on the trampoline with my kids and the Theis keeps my weapon in place. I can probably get a hair dryer out and solve this problem.

The clips are not as strong as the ones on my Theis. I will be placing an order to get some his clips.

I will keep you posted

Tighten the screws holding the kydex, mine were not tight when first received.

Tighten the screws holding the kydex, mine were not tight when first received.

I did that and it is better. However there is a nice, crisp, click when my gun locks into my leather backed holsters, that I like. It's probably just a trade off for the softer backing.

Man, you've certainly got your money's worth out of that Theis!

I picked up a N82 "Original" series holster for my Glock 43 this week. So far, I like it just fine in the limited amount of time I've got to use it.

Keep us updated. That Vent Core (or whatever they call it) backing looks very promising.

Lol that Theis has been worked hard but its great. I had a N82 with my sig 938 and I would forget I was wearing it. With something as small and light as a 43 I bet it will be crazy comfortable.

Used it all weekend including a hike up Stone Mountain with the kids. It is by far the most comfortable holster of its kind I have worn. The CZ PCR I carry is a little on the heavy side and the holster makes it feel lighter. I actually had a moment of panic when driving down the road and thinking for a moment I had forgot my gun, till I reached and felt for it. Still not loving the retention. The gun is secure, but I like the positive "snap" of the leather backed holsters I've used. I still intend to try and rectify this by increasing the "dimple" that goes into the trigger guard.

Update:

The holster has been with me through a very physically active week at work and I love it.

Comfort:
Outstanding, rather I am driving, at my desk, on the move and even when I am covered in sweat and working hard.

Retention:
Heated it up and increased the dimple in the trigger guard a little, and it gives me the nice crisp audible snap I was looking for. Now you may be saying, "for that kind of money I shouldn't have to adjust a damn thing." which brings me to my next point

Customer service:
I sent StealthGear an email explaining my retention issue. After a short volley back and forth where the rep., understandably, made sure it wasn't user error causing the problem. He immediately said he would put a new holster in the mail today along with a return label. I explained that now that I was sure of the problem, I would simply solve it. Like I said above, a couple minutes with a hair dryer and it is perfect, but if I didn't want to screw with it I would not have had to.

Complaint: (More me being picky, than an actual complaint)
I am ordering a set of clips from Theis. His are stronger in my opinion. Not by much, and maybe not enough that anyone else would care, but I do so I ordered a couple.

How's your StealthGear Onyx holding up, crippen crippen ? Still happy with it?

Christmas is coming up, and the Mrs. is asking for gift suggestions. A new holster is going to be on the list, just trying to figure out which one.

I love it!!! I took the clips off my Theis and installed them on this one and its perfect now. The Theis clips are a little stronger. Probably not something anyone else would even notice but I'm picky about certain things.

One minor flaw....retention is not as tight as it is with a hard leather backing. I have heated it up and made it tighter and it is good. I have been on the trampoline with the kids, under houses and decks at work, crawled, run, jumped, hiked and its fine. The gun is secure, its just not as positive as a snap as with my Theis. I would be interested to know if anyone else has this experience.

One major flaw...it adds $100 to the price of any gun I think I might want to carry.

Back
Top Bottom