• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

StealthGear Holsters

Good to know! Do you need a promo code?

I ordered a SHTF holster. Good build, good materials, and comfortable for the most part...but I'm returning it. I've learned if I'm not crazy about a holster, I won't use it.

Instructions for Veteran Orders:
Please submit proof of veteran status such as military ID card, redacted DD-214, Veterans ID Card issued by either the Department of Veterans Affairs, a State government issued Veteran Status designation on a Driver's License or State Identification Card, or other reasonable proof of status. We will keep all information confidential; see our website for privacy details. Click action button below to submit Military ID information. Once received, we will then provide you with the 'SGUSA22' event discount code.
Why is 22 Significant?
Every day 22+ Veterans and 1 Active Duty Soldier take their own lives. Burdened with the stigma associated with mental health issues and the military “shame” surrounding PTS (Post Traumatic Stress), they instead turn to suicide as their only option to relieve suffering. (2012 Department of Veteran Affairs report)

Mission 22 is a collaboration between Elder Heart, a veteran non-profit organization, and a global advertising agency. Elder Heart is comprised of Delta Force and Special Forces operators Tom Spooner, Magnus Johnson, and Mike Kissel. Because of their personal battles with PTSD and TBI they have made it their mission to raise awareness, enlist support, and end veteran suicide in America. www.mission22.com

This is from the email they sent me.

Here is the "action" link

Well never mind it may only be available to mailing list folks. It wont link

Last edited:
I looked Into getting this holster but got the alien gear 3.0 instead and am very happy with it. I too, had the n82 pro. So far, really liking the 3.0 for the G17 but was very interested in the onyx. Like has been mentioned, the retention I have heard is not as positive as other holsters. Thats important to me as well so I passed up the onyx. Also heard reholstering you have to flip open the top withbthe muzzle (not surehow true that is).

Last edited:
I looked Into getting this holster but got the alien gear 3.0 instead and am very happy with it. I too, had the n82 pro. So far, really liking the 3.0 for the G17 but was very interested in the onyx. Like has been mentioned, the retention I have heard is not as positive as other holsters. Thats important to me as well so I passed up the onyx. Also heard reholstering you have to flip open the top withbthe muzzle (not surehow true that is).

Reholstering is the same for me as it is on my Theis, the backing is no more of an issue thatn the leather for me. In my case both are pushed over a little by my side fat. Retention is the only draw back. I have tightened mine again and I think it is good now. Seems that as the softer backing has taken shape to my side i have been able to increase the "dimple" in the trigger guard sufficiently to get the retention where I want it. That being said, this holster will never have the retention that my n82 pro had. If I didn't twist my 938 it was not coming out of that sucker.

Reholstering is the same for me as it is on my Theis, the backing is no more of an issue thatn the leather for me. In my case both are pushed over a little by my side fat. Retention is the only draw back. I have tightened mine again and I think it is good now. Seems that as the softer backing has taken shape to my side i have been able to increase the "dimple" in the trigger guard sufficiently to get the retention where I want it. That being said, this holster will never have the retention that my n82 pro had. If I didn't twist my 938 it was not coming out of that sucker.

Yep, i def like the positive retention of the n82 pro.

I love it!!! I took the clips off my Theis and installed them on this one and its perfect now. The Theis clips are a little stronger. Probably not something anyone else would even notice but I'm picky about certain things.

One minor flaw....retention is not as tight as it is with a hard leather backing. I have heated it up and made it tighter and it is good. I have been on the trampoline with the kids, under houses and decks at work, crawled, run, jumped, hiked and its fine. The gun is secure, its just not as positive as a snap as with my Theis. I would be interested to know if anyone else has this experience.

One major flaw...it adds $100 to the price of any gun I think I might want to carry.

I will report back to this thread if I have similar experience youbask about with the positive "snap" in holstering. I too prefer that positive click and ordered an onyx today. I should receive it in time to decide to keep it or the alien gear 3.0 and return the other I dont like as much. I have been reading more and watching more about this onyx and look forward to trying it myself after hearing your experiences and youtube videos. I am very active and this may be "the one" haha

Back
Top Bottom