• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steamed or boiled Clam and Mussels recipes?

I like clams raw and mussels in a light tomato sauce or in paella. Pisser clams are steamed with butter if counts aren’t available.

I've never done the Costco clams. There is a company down here that farms clams out in Sapelo Sound. I buy those. I put them in a large skillet with a bit of water and steam them until they open. I take some garlic butter and throw it in and it makes a great sauce.

Not usually a fan of french cooking, but ...

Moules Marinières

Skip the flour. Optionally add a tablespoon of "Herbes du Provence" at step 5 - although they're not really authentic for that style of mussels.

Make a big old bowl of chow and eat straight out of the shells, using an empty shell like a spoon to consume the broth. Serve with toasted french bread.

Edit: another, simpler recipe -- Moules Marinieres II

I’m digging these clams and Mussels at Costco: what’s your favorite way to cook these?
A little white wine, garlic, and shallots (or green onions.)

I also like them in a good tomato sauce with some pasta.

Or in a paella is also good, although I usually don't do them in paella.

Smoked in the Egg are also very yummy. Put them in a tin of butter and salt water and smoke @ 250 until they open then given them a few more minutes.

Smoked in the Egg are also very yummy. Put them in a tin of butter and salt water and smoke @ 250 until they open then given them a few more minutes.

I like that idea.

I just use a steamer basket and steam mussels over a 50/50 water/white wine mix. Then take some sort of spaghetti toss it with some butter, little pepper flakes, little garlic powder, and the throw the mussels and liquid over the pasta, Lots of french break is mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom