• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steel cased 9 mm question

bulletslinger101

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had any issues with steel cased 9 mm not feeding, chambering, firing locking, cocking or ejecting with their firearm?

My wife went in yesterday to Academy sports and bought some steel cased 9 mm ammunition as she is starting to show interest in shooting. When she got home I saw that it was still cased and try to take it back this morning and the store does not except returns on ammunition. I didn’t think that they would however now I’m stuck with 150 rounds of steel cased ammo. And I want to hear from Glock’s and Sigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel case seems to run a little dirtier and smokier...just like the other fellas stated... I have over 1,000 rounds of Tula steelcase thru my Canik TP9 Sfx….haven't cleaned it yet...runs smooth... you will find that the exotic high dollar German pistols like HK and Walther do NOT like steel case...
Wifes Glock 34 eats Tula and Winchester right up...

HTH

I had the same concerns with this at one time

I have since had zero issues in my HKs and have used it multiple times in classes where 500+ rounds were consumed in an afternoon and more than likely some were run in back to back classes without cleaning

Most was Tula and some wolf? I think & at least once it was a mix of them both

I’ve also have run an ass load through my P series Rugers

I’m pretty sure I have run 1000+ rounds without cleaning without malfunction of any kind

* All my experience is with factory only magazines from 10 round - 31 rounds

* all my magazines are modified with Wolf springs

*pistols are unaltered from factory (other than the HKs have been made into left hand killing implements)

Sometimes used with a random mix of steel and brass of various brands and bullet types

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom