• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steyr Aug or Bushmaster ACR

I just got a Steyr AUG with the Nato stock. I love it, the AUG is extremely easy to clean and after a range session of several hundred rounds its barely dirty. With the NATO version of the AUG it lacks the bolt release control and when your magazine is empty the bolt locks to the rear and you must changes mags and work the charging handle(much like an HK style rollerlock control) with the NATO you GAIN a push button mag release on the side and you can still use the AUG style mag release located behind the magwell.

I went with that one just because I have a boat load of Stanag mags but if you went with the aug pattern that takes aug mags I know magpul makes them pretty cheap and steyr mags arent too much when you find them on sale. Great gun!

Also for what its worth, I've owned Sig 556 rifles, SCARS, AKs and ARs and the AUG is BY FAR the easiest to clean and barely gets dirty after firing. literally a 5 minute job.

GonoGo has some very valid points.

I ended up with the ACR. I just have too many years with the standard rifle "hold" vs the bullpup "hold"

I am a lefty and enjoyed the ability to config the ejection side, but always felt odd using the bullpup. Shot the AUG very well, loved the 1.5 optic built in.

22 years of Army training on SPORTS and mag swaps make it hard to undue muscle memory, especially given how little I train anymore on that stuff.

Sold my first ACR, got another a few years back, really like shooting it.

If running AUG suppressed, I highly recommend switching to the suppressor gas plug. It slows bolt speed down and increases the life of the bolt sleeve. Hopefully the NATO gen 2 stocks will be imported soon (with bolt release button) as part of the 300BLK domestic production plan.

I have owned an aug and it’s my second favorite weapon I’ve ever owned. In my opinion it’s still the best bullpup on the market today

Back
Top Bottom