• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"still available" yes, why, maybe

But on the opposite end of the OP complaint "is this available"

We had a long standing member here recently make a thread complaining about #@^%#$^ members not posting items as Sold..

So basically he was complaining about the opposite of your complaint and he was complaining that he has to ask if "is this available"...only to find out its NOT.

Maybe a Complaint Sub Forum is needed?...<<serious suggestion

A place to complain and even complain about the complaining posts..I predict it would be very popular here.

But on the opposite end of the OP complaint "is this available"

We had a long standing member here recently make a post complaining about #@^%#$^ members not posting items as Sold..

So basically he was complaining about the opposite of your complaint and he was complaining that he has to ask if "is this available"...only to find out its NOT.
Yep on that too...I have often asked in PM about a gun that was advertised a while back and never marked gone. Wait....I'm a longstanding member that complains too much AND drinks a little, was it me?

Yep on that too...I have often asked in PM about a gun that was advertised a while back and never marked gone. Wait....I'm a longstanding member that complains too much AND drinks a little, was it me?

No..Wasn't you. and he I'm sure had a valid reason to make his thread ( and so does the Op)
I'm not calling him out or criticizing his thread, but a Complaint forum would be a good idea.
Hint: He rides a Motorcycle.
And his post was just basically the opposite of this thread post.

41mag said:
When they ask “Still available?” I am going
to start answering with “You interested ??”
I start by observing whether they are long time member
with poz fdbk or a 0-0 that joined in last 36 hrs. or some-
where in between. That determines whether item is available
to them or not. Like the signs used to say:
"We Reserve The Right to Refuse Service "
"Now Get Your Elbows Off the Counter"

To add a different aspect to this subject....I have determined (in recent years) many people are simply not very good or effective communicators....in asking "is this still available" it would be more effective to engage the seller with one or two questions about the item that has not been stated....that certainly shows more thought or interest...but on the other side of the coin, you ever notice when asking two or three questions in a message, the other guy only answers ONE question?....so if you’re "selling" something, actually READ the message and offer a complete answer....I can’t count how many times I have PMed someone and not received a complete answer....and as long as we’re complaining here, I find THAT to be equally annoying as someone asking if what I’m selling is still available...

All said, it is what it is....we’re ALL human here and for the most part, it’s good we try to make exceptions for that....(just don’t get in my way in traffic!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom