• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Still have dogs chasing deer on hunting property.

well im one that has always advocated finding another way to deal with these kinda thing and would hate to shoot a dog. BUUUTTTT at this point things may be progressing past the point of that. Once they started forming a pack like what your talking about and showed even the slightest sign of aggression that would be it, its not worth taking the chance on your own well being, one dog is no big deal but four would be hard for any man to deal with. If they are also showing pack behavior they may just be out right strays, best advice here would be if they show up and do it again to try and determine which is the alpha and put him down, hopefully that would get the message to the rest of the pack

As long as they are strays or house dogs shoot em. Just don't shoot a rouge coon dog chasing deer. Few years back a punk 20 something kid killed a friend of mines deer dog. We rode over to his camp and confronted him about it. He admitted killing the dog. My friend didn't call the police. He collected retribution on the spot. Guys are serious about hunting dogs.

I don't believe in shooting animals unless you are going to eat it or it is a nuisance to other wildlife. Those dogs are now no different than yotes in my eyes. Would you keep letting a yote walk? I wouldn't. Keep a shovel in the truck.

I carry a defense gun in the woods for two reasons - humans and feral dogs. When they're running in packs, they become very dangerous because oftentimes they are not afraid of humans like wild animals. Do what you have to do.

I used to be complacent at times when working around our hunting land and would not always be armed. That changed the day I drove up and there was a pack of 8-10 large feral dogs . Now it's a rifle and pistol always within a reach.

Back
Top Bottom