• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stippling repair on a Glock 19X

Ga.Dawg

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
233   0
Reaction score
I picked up a slightly used Glock 19X and the previous owner decided to do a little stippling, I want the grip stippled and a slight undercut on the trigger guard. Can the stippling pictured be repaired and where is a good place to look for the stippling service?

Attachments

• B7DBF4C0-183E-4E65-9F19-A764609F56D1.jpeg
    B7DBF4C0-183E-4E65-9F19-A764609F56D1.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 111
You stipple anything???...working knowledge of the subject???
Yes, as a matter of fact I've stippled many firearms years ago when it was still a thing and saw someone ruin a Glock by going to deep into the polymer and Glock wouldn't replace it. Have you checked to see how deep the pits are in the frame to see if the frame can be re-done ?

Yes, as a matter of fact I've stippled many firearms years ago when it was still a thing and saw someone ruin a Glock by going to deep into the polymer and Glock wouldn't replace it. Have you checked to see how deep the pits are in the frame to see if the frame can be re-done ?
Have you checked my thread on stippling???...ive repaired many poly frames and other types of substrates from SA, SW and Sig...all flat ironed to start and none have ever been so thin that i couldnt blend similar material from another to repair...you have to know their specific material and melting point...once you know that, you can fix it as long as its not in a functioning area like locking block or frame rail section...it may not be the prettiest thing when its finished but some creative shaping, blending and cerakote after the rework is done can make it a really nice firearm again...

Back
Top Bottom