• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

STOCK UPDATE - AT&T Crashing

I’ve been hearing this for 2 1/2 years now. I guess the naysayers have to keep saying it. It might come to pass some day. It doesn’t appear any of that is coming soon
2 1/2 years? Lol. I’ve been hearing it for 15-20 years. It’s getting to the point that the preppers of yesterday need to start replacing their 20 year shelf life food. The new term is the “great reset”. Sigh.

I don't know, not my area of expertise but there seems to be a lot of folks nervous about their money.
If you have it in the right places there should be no worry. I don’t doubt there’s going to be a recession of sorts, we may already be in one, but it’s not going to be the magnitude of 2008. I’m a glass half full kind of personthough. Ymmv

That's good. I wondered what they'd do after all of the acquisitions and the baggage that comes with them.
I think it was a good move but we did see the expected related force reductions. They actually did their best to minimize it and move people to other supporting positions and the ones that are going over to the new companies are not seeing reductions in benefits or compensation.

They could have been bastards but were not.

I’ve been hearing this for 2 1/2 years now. I guess the naysayers have to keep saying it. It might come to pass some day. It doesn’t appear any of that is coming soon
This will be global.... The EU and China are tipping it and if you can't see what is already happening here then bless your heart.

I think it was a good move but we did see the expected related force reductions. They actually did their best to minimize it and move people to other supporting positions and the ones that are going over to the new companies are not seeing reductions in benefits or compensation.

They could have been bastards but were not.
Sounds like a decent place to work for. There's a shortage of those.

I'm not debating anything said in here... But when I look at the article posted by the OP, it literally says "Shares fell as much as 11% in early trading, the company's largest slide since 2022 which erased the stock's YTD gains." SINCE 2022?? So since this year, we are just over half way thru? LOL, that's funny. And when looking at the YTD track, it had a very similar decline in mid June. Look at almost everyone's 401k's over the last 12-24 months and you'll see very similar outputs. There's a storm brewing and the inflation will come home to roost, no doubt about it but I don't think AT&T's stock performance following quarterly shareholder meeting, nor there decline in cash flow are the precursors. There are WAY more elastic market options that aren't declining. Cell/data service on the grand scheme of things in todays society/economy would be considered inelastic when compared to going to the movies where they're still setting box office records and Disney World which has increased it's rates markedly yet attendance hasn't suffered. When those types of firms begin laying off and changing business models, I'll be more concerned with AT&T's situation.

The inelastic services will suffer less but suffer they still will... Expect price hikes on those services due to material shortage, high fuel cost, lack of an experienced labor force..... It's all related and recession is pretty much already on us.

Back
Top Bottom