• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stocking a little extra

With the supply chain problems that I don't believe we have fully felt yet it may be wise to add a little something extra to every grocery store trip. With every trip to the store I've bought maybe twice what we would normally get as far as can goods go because with the price only going up it's like money in the bank. Long shelf life and cheap insurance. With Russia being the largest exporter of fertilizer the long term ripples it will cause is still unknown. I just don't believe it will be pretty.

The next thing that will throw everything off balance is China, them being on lock down for over a month will also cause another problem. They're running low now on essentials which will cause panic buying and hoarding. While we're still able, load those pantries. Stay safe friends and stay prepared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61019975
I buy 3 pounds of bacon every trip....step to my bacon get dealt wit. you heard me. ICING MAFCKER THAT STEP TO MY BACON!

FYI
Dollar stores sell High Temp milk.
Eggs can be scrambled, dehydrated and vacuum sealed or canned.
You need a good source of water or a good way to filter the water. I had a 260 foot well put in.
Vacuum seal rice, beans, flour and sugar.
Keep several jars of honey.
Can goods and potted meats like Spam.

Got a 1/4 cow sitting in the freezer and buying another 1/4 this weekend. Stacking up can goods and some other essentials. Wife always complain because I will buy at least 6 months of toilet paper and paper towels I always have. She was happy when the toilet paper shortage happened. Gave some to my parents and a few friends.
What will you do to keep the freezer running long term if the power goes out? That 1/4 cow won't stay frozen for long.

I am with you on 6 or more months of paper tower and toilet paper. I have always copy canned when I shop. Need 1 can, buy 2 or 3 (especially when shopping at Aldi's, they have the cheapest can goods). If I am cooking something (like chili) that requires 4 or 5 cans of beans and tomato sauce, then I guy 8 or 12 cans total, put the cans I don't use to the back of my can good storage and move everything newer forward, that way it is first in, first out and last in, last out.

What will you do to keep the freezer running long term if the power goes out? That 1/4 cow won't stay frozen for long.

I am with you on 6 or more months of paper tower and toilet paper. I have always copy canned when I shop. Need 1 can, buy 2 or 3 (especially when shopping at Aldi's, they have the cheapest can goods). If I am cooking something (like chili) that requires 4 or 5 cans of beans and tomato sauce, then I guy 8 or 12 cans total, put the cans I don't use to the back of my can good storage and move everything newer forward, that way it is first in, first out and last in, last out.
If it goes long term I would have to deal with that day to day. Honesty if it goes long term I’m pulling out the salt because we all will be in a place we have never been before.

With the supply chain problems that I don't believe we have fully felt yet it may be wise to add a little something extra to every grocery store trip. With every trip to the store I've bought maybe twice what we would normally get as far as can goods go because with the price only going up it's like money in the bank. Long shelf life and cheap insurance. With Russia being the largest exporter of fertilizer the long term ripples it will cause is still unknown. I just don't believe it will be pretty.

The next thing that will throw everything off balance is China, them being on lock down for over a month will also cause another problem. They're running low now on essentials which will cause panic buying and hoarding. While we're still able, load those pantries. Stay safe friends and stay prepared.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61019975
Yep, I’ve been warning family members since 2013 actually.
I’ve got three of them plus my mother on board.
The rest are blind demoturds that may go panic buy once MSNBC finally says that store shelves are empty and riots are taking place… then they will just raid my moms supplies.
Check your expiration dates on your canned goods as a lot of them may have been sitting in hot storage containers for a year at port or on trailers in aux lots for overflow which has been a big issue.
Many of your canned goods that should have an expiration date of 2025 may be expiring in 22, 23 or 24.
Grains, rice, flour items are still on shelves so get a couple extra while you still can because the breadbaskets of Europe are getting crushed and a lot of the farmland in the states is affected by drought and other like gas prices, inflation, and the lasting affects of the Washington/China virus.
Great idea to grab a $20 gas can or two every trip to tractor supply, get your gardens in, have some goals for winter food sources once the growing season is over.
I’ve got access to plenty fresh water and can pump it by hand but it’s a great idea to have water filtration for large quantities and spare filters.
Filtering green and dirty water will ruin the filters much quicker so the 10,000 gallon claims on water filtration filters are based on running tap water through them not lake water.

Another big factor that is literally going to set the panic buying off is civilians buying up the food stocks to ship to war fighters.
Of course the Biden camp is doing all they can to ruin America and make it hard for people every way possible which is brewing hatred for the democrats like never before but they don’t seem to care since they’ve become experts at lying, cheating and stealing elections.
I have a feeling they have big corrupt plans for laughing at any chance of them losing elections but I’d love to think the American voter still has a say in the election process but I’m sure many can relate to my pessimism. It doesn’t mean I’m not voting or not writing my reps to do their freaking jobs I’m just not sure they give a crap since they have different lifestyles, healthcare access, retirement and emergency plans than we do so they definitely will chuck us under the bus and drive over us as they flee the flames to save their own asses when it come down to it.
Another thing to look at is all of these China loving countries and crooked liberal regimes worldwide like Canada, Australia and The Biden camp in the US seem to be all warm with glee over the way China does things so why would their end goals not be the same as Chinas with Gestapo style policing, lock downs and starving of their people?
I firmly believe the Biden camp wouldn’t think twice about such actions against Americans.
This is what motivates me to prepare…..plus the fact that the republicans can’t be trusted either solidifies the fact that we truly are in our own and all we have are ourselves, solid friends and family…..yet I still don’t trust any of them like I do myself …lol.

Just to add to the depression….the goals of the world economic forum are so depressing for any hope of freedom in the future I can’t even think about it without getting furious at everything and anything.

Yep, I’ve been warning family members since 2013 actually.
I’ve got three of them plus my mother on board.
The rest are blind demoturds that may go panic buy once MSNBC finally says that store shelves are empty and riots are taking place… then they will just raid my moms supplies.
Check your expiration dates on your canned goods as a lot of them may have been sitting in hot storage containers for a year at port or on trailers in aux lots for overflow which has been a big issue.
Many of your canned goods that should have an expiration date of 2025 may be expiring in 22, 23 or 24.
Grains, rice, flour items are still on shelves so get a couple extra while you still can because the breadbaskets of Europe are getting crushed and a lot of the farmland in the states is affected by drought and other like gas prices, inflation, and the lasting affects of the Washington/China virus.
Great idea to grab a $20 gas can or two every trip to tractor supply, get your gardens in, have some goals for winter food sources once the growing season is over.
I’ve got access to plenty fresh water and can pump it by hand but it’s a great idea to have water filtration for large quantities and spare filters.
Filtering green and dirty water will ruin the filters much quicker so the 10,000 gallon claims on water filtration filters are based on running tap water through them not lake water.

Another big factor that is literally going to set the panic buying off is civilians buying up the food stocks to ship to war fighters.
Of course the Biden camp is doing all they can to ruin America and make it hard for people every way possible which is brewing hatred for the democrats like never before but they don’t seem to care since they’ve become experts at lying, cheating and stealing elections.
I have a feeling they have big corrupt plans for laughing at any chance of them losing elections but I’d love to think the American voter still has a say in the election process but I’m sure many can relate to my pessimism. It doesn’t mean I’m not voting or not writing my reps to do their freaking jobs I’m just not sure they give a crap since they have different lifestyles, healthcare access, retirement and emergency plans than we do so they definitely will chuck us under the bus and drive over us as they flee the flames to save their own asses when it come down to it.
Another thing to look at is all of these China loving countries and crooked liberal regimes worldwide like Canada, Australia and The Biden camp in the US seem to be all warm with glee over the way China does things so why would their end goals not be the same as Chinas with Gestapo style policing, lock downs and starving of their people?
I firmly believe the Biden camp wouldn’t think twice about such actions against Americans.
This is what motivates me to prepare…..plus the fact that the republicans can’t be trusted either solidifies the fact that we truly are in our own and all we have are ourselves, solid friends and family…..yet I still don’t trust any of them like I do myself …lol.

Just to add to the depression….the goals of the world economic forum are so depressing for any hope of freedom in the future I can’t even think about it without getting furious at everything and anything.
There's a lot of truth here. And it's funny about you mentioning picking up extra gas. I was looking online for spare gas tanks, looks like Harbor freight has the best deals. Going to grab 4 more and pick them up this week.

I've said it before, while a bit pricey, the 20L Wavian NATO cans are a real comfort to have if you have room to store them. Additives will stretch your shelf life to a year or so before you should use the fuel (I burn it in a vehicle when I have massive fuel points then restock). I also buy the pure gas for the cans, no ethanol.

Back
Top Bottom