• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoddard's Gun Range - My last time, ever??

285Roadrunner

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
197   0
Reaction score
So, the online reviews of this play really didn't reflect my experience with it at all. Though it has the programmable touch screen target system that allows you to select precisely how far you would like your target, lovely air conditioned ranges, and, of course, a big gun shop with $75 Beretta tea shirts.....the cons here definitely out weighed the pro's........for me at least.

Been here twice now, hoping to get other feedback to persuade me to go to a range thats 5 min from my house.

1st experience: Went alone, had to "buy" eye protection and "buy" ear plugs...Thats right, buy, not rent. They do not rent those devices... As I walked away from counter a dude walked out of range with pistol drawn at the ground (kinda), mag in, and the slide in the forward position. ......No body said a word to the dude...... I got into the range to shoot a 1911 I had owned, and 3 guys next to me were firing a full auto mp5 and uzi next to me.....Most ranges I have been to tend to have those kind of things in the 'Rifle' section....It was also there first time firing a gun, from the conversation I heard...

Closed out at range with ,....eyes, ears, 3 targets, ....and 1 hour ........$58 bucks...

2nd experience: Went with Chucklenut, simply to walk around and look at their Haverty's showroom like shop...Gun's and ammo were well priced....I must say, however, don't dry fire any of them or they will freak out. Staff was nice and overall its an interesting place.

Mostly, concerned with safety here....and my wallet too..

Any input or experience would be appreciated. Would love to give it a 3rd chance with out being shot...or being homeless

So, the online reviews of this play really didn't reflect my experience with it at all. Though it has the programmable touch screen target system that allows you to select precisely how far you would like your target, lovely air conditioned ranges, and, of course, a big gun shop with $75 Beretta tea shirts.....the cons here definitely out weighed the pro's........for me at least.

Been here twice now, hoping to get other feedback to persuade me to go to a range thats 5 min from my house.

1st experience: Went alone, had to "buy" eye protection and "buy" ear plugs...Thats right, buy, not rent. They do not rent those devices... As I walked away from counter a dude walked out of range with pistol drawn at the ground (kinda), mag in, and the slide in the forward position. ......No body said a word to the dude...... I got into the range to shoot a 1911 I had owned, and 3 guys next to me were firing a full auto mp5 and uzi next to me.....Most ranges I have been to tend to have those kind of things in the 'Rifle' section....It was also there first time firing a gun, from the conversation I heard...

Closed out at range with ,....eyes, ears, 3 targets, ....and 1 hour ........$58 bucks...

2nd experience: Went with Chucklenut, simply to walk around and look at their Haverty's showroom like shop...Gun's and ammo were well priced....I must say, however, don't dry fire any of them or they will freak out. Staff was nice and overall its an interesting place.

Any input or experience would be appreciated. Would love to give it a 3rd chance with out being shot...or being homeless
hang around me long enough and you will end up shooting a homeless person :)

I wouldn't be shocked by the price of anything inside the perimeter. Hell, I won't even buy gas in Atlanta. Your responsible for your own safety first and foremost. I would have said something (and have) to anyone handling a weapon near me in an unsafe manner. Then tell the range guys about it.

Last edited:

ITS OWNED BY LAWYERS,SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.

We have a Stoddard's out here in the sticks...Prices are a little high, but selection is awesome. They have tons of holsters on hand....
they do have an impressive selection

most of the guns are on the high side, but when i went the staff was pretty nice and accommodating

not my favorite spot but it is inside the perimeter also

I wouldn't be shocked by the price in nothing inside the perimeter. Hell, I won't even buy gas in Atlanta. Your responsible for your own safety first and foremost. I would have said something (and have) to anyone handling a weapon near me in an unsafe manner. Then tell the range guys about it.
I completely agree. And I did say something to a range officer, however, risk magagement is something that is greatly reduced by range officers,... And the range officers were more like 'shop' officers. Maybe I didnt see em both times i was there, but it was me, and other shooters in the range itself .

I have been to the Stoddards in Midtown several times and have bought several guns that happened to be good deals. They are mostly high priced, but they do have some good deals. They do have a great selection. The display of guns you can touch and feel is the best I've ever seen. Their salespeople are extremely nice and friendly and knowledgeable. I like the place.

But, I have never shot a gun there. They don't seem to watch close enough from the little I observed.

I go to both locations of Quickshot. At Quickshot, safety comes first. No one may enter with a loaded weapon. They look and notice and speak up fast if anyone breaks any rules or does anything unsafe. They have a range officer watching all shooters every second. They speak up if they see anything unsafe.

Go to Quickshot. One on Buford Highway. One off Briarcliff Road near Emory.

No, I don't work there. @inkdaddy does though.

Back
Top Bottom