• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoddard's Gun Range - My last time, ever??

Public ranges suck in general. You're surrounded by bunch of morons and when you're in your stall you probably have 5 guns sweeping you from either side. I try to go when it's dead empty if possible. I would love to find somewhere where I could go and shoot some steel targets.

Public ranges suck in general. You're surrounded by bunch of morons and when you're in your stall you probably have 5 guns sweeping you from either side. I try to go when it's dead empty if possible. I would love to find somewhere where I could go and shoot some steel targets.
the range guns and safes north store is generally pretty good

their south store is in forest park...............there not so much

Second for Quickshot. The one off Buford Hwy was swimmin' with ladies when GGG and I went a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't been to R, G, & S if a couple/three years. Place had horrible ventilation and seemed like it was built in somebody's garage. Like I said, years ago so maybe it's better now. Great people, though. And good selection of safes.

Give Quickshot a shot, so to speak...

Second for Quickshot. The one off Buford Hwy was swimmin' with ladies when GGG and I went a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't been to R, G, & S if a couple/three years. Place had horrible ventilation and seemed like it was built in somebody's garage. Like I said, years ago so maybe it's better now. Great people, though. And good selection of safes.

Give Quickshot a shot, so to speak...
Quickshot is a fair range. Def safer, actually more the opposite of Stoddards. The Range Officers actually stand behind you....

Would def say though, that I like Guns Ranges and Safes the best in the perimeter...(or just outside). Guess they all have some sort of pro and con...

Last edited:
I liked the one in Douglasville but I have never been to the one in midtown. I did notice the one in Douglasville is cheaper.

Our RSO's are NRA certified and we are there not to be range police.....but to keep our shooters who come in safe. We do entertain a lot of new and never have shot before shooters. We want every one who comes in to shoot, to follow a few basic common sense rules....have a great time....and know that our RSO's have your back. It's what we do!!

I find there prices to be $50 or higher than anyplace else I can buy. Was a member up till November just to shoot the GSSF indoor league. I noticed that they haven't posted any results on the Glock website since February 2014. I called Glock and they told me Stoddard's was one of there worst for posting scores so I cancelled my membership. The only reason I still go back is because I have about 6 free range passes. Once I get my silencers this month or next I'll shoot in the back yard. Looking forward to going to Talladega CMP to shoot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom