• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen gun data base

One of my requests of my Congressional representatives (who seem so "Gung Ho" on "emotional" gun control issues): Public Access to a National Data Base on stolen items that includes firearms.

I have suggested the same along with access to known felons, mentally prohibited and misdemeanor domestic abusers prohibited from firearms purchase.

This will be avoided by those in control. It will be condemned by those would desire "universal background checks" as it only further invalidates their argument despite the simple fact the measure will never stop "unlawful" firearms transfers.... The public reasoning behind the push, but then they know this already.

aall the more reason to ask for a BOS if anyone refuses to sign one, run away, and if they are too paranoid, remind them it isn't getting mailed to the ATF jusdt going on the safe with the gun to cover your ass if they are in doubt about it, they should have gotton one as well.

www.fictionews.com_images_stories_45.jpg

I didn't have time to read the thread but I hope whoever stole your gun database is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I recently was at a Gun show in Georgia. A gentleman had very nice Smith and Wesson model 59 for sale. I asked him much was he asking for it. He said he wanted $ 300 . This weapon was in perfect condition. It came with a box of shells and a nice shoulder holster. The price was fair. I gave him the money and he gave me the weapon. My son was with me at the time. He asked me how do I know that the weapon wasn't stolen. He stated that the price for the weapon was to good to be true. This was a private sale. I explained to him in the state of Georgia you can make a private purchase from another gun owner no questions asked. He brought up a good point. What if later I decide to trade or sell to a dealer and they do a background check and it comes up on a stolen list,what if I get pulled over by the police and they want to do a check on my weapon and it comes back stolen in there Data Base. What do I do. Have I broken any laws? Can I be arrested and charged with receiving stolen property. Is there a Data base in Georgia to check a weapon to protect private citizens against this.

$300 for a mod 59 Smith is not a steal. Last 2 I bought were $240 and $275.

Back
Top Bottom