• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen gun data base

Have you ever had the pleasure to be in court where someone was charged with possession of a stolen gun, I doubt it, but during my LEO years I was in several, a couple as prosecuting witness and those that had a BOS with a traceable name had those charges dropped.

nd what good does a traceable BOS do if that gun has changed hands 4 times? Hell guns on here can move across the state in a matter of days because people trade. Sounds like you would be in favor of just doing all sales at a gun store and negate the possibility all together. And for that matter, I don't want a random joe to have my information to do with as they please. By someone having your name and address it wouldn't be hard at all to steal your identity and ruin you.

nd what good does a traceable BOS do if that gun has changed hands 4 times? Hell guns on here can move across the state in a matter of days because people trade. Sounds like you would be in favor of just doing all sales at a gun store and negate the possibility all together. And for that matter, I don't want a random joe to have my information to do with as they please. By someone having your name and address it wouldn't be hard at all to steal your identity and ruin you.
Paranoia is a hard thing to shake, if you are afraid to sign your name non a pc of paper, which you do thousands of times a year, for a gun sale that may well protect you as well as the trader/buyer, then you may have a real "trust" issue. No matter how many times a gun changes hands as long as you have something showing you sold/traded it to John Doe for xxxx on XX date, your butt is covered in an investigation. I usually at least take a peek an ones GWL or Driver Lic to prove they are legal to own a gun. DL only shows legal age. After all you would have PM'd possibly several times to set up the deal and those PM's are admissible as evidence in a in depth investigation, I sometimes take snap shots of those and the profile page to get enough info to trace to whomever. So, if you have nothing to hide, why shy away from a deal that may require a BOS.

Paranoia is a hard thing to shake, . . . then you may have a real "trust" issue. No matter how many times a gun changes hands as long as you have something showing you sold/traded it to John Doe for xxxx on XX date, your butt is covered in an investigation.

Does anyone besides me see a logical fallacy in accusing others of "paranoia" because they will not sign a bill of sail, but suggesting that the BOS of will "protect" you from an "investigation". Sounds lie paranoia to me.

One of many unanswered questions about BOS is, how if you sell a gun that you didn't buy new (which is most guns here), that "investigation" is going to trace the gun back to you?

carl-1.jpg

Paranoia is a hard thing to shake, if you are afraid to sign your name non a pc of paper, which you do thousands of times a year, for a gun sale that may well protect you as well as the trader/buyer, then you may have a real "trust" issue. No matter how many times a gun changes hands as long as you have something showing you sold/traded it to John Doe for xxxx on XX date, your butt is covered in an investigation. I usually at least take a peek an ones GWL or Driver Lic to prove they are legal to own a gun. DL only shows legal age. After all you would have PM'd possibly several times to set up the deal and those PM's are admissible as evidence in a in depth investigation, I sometimes take snap shots of those and the profile page to get enough info to trace to whomever. So, if you have nothing to hide, why shy away from a deal that may require a BOS.

I can promise you that I have nothing to hide as my ass has been crawled up with a microscope on a background check for work, but I would never trust a guy ive never met before with private information by willingly giving it away. You can't trust anyone with anything, being former LEO I figured you of all people would understand that.

Does anyone besides me see a logical fallacy in accusing others of "paranoia" because they will not sign a bill of sail, but suggesting that the BOS of will "protect" you from an "investigation". Sounds lie paranoia to me.

One of many unanswered questions about BOS is, how if you sell a gun that you didn't buy new (which is most guns here), that "investigation" is going to trace the gun back to you?

That should be the most obvious thing in the world. Why would LE come and ask you about a firearm they don't know you had to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom