• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen gun from Georgia used to shoot NY cops.

I don't disagree but every situation is different. Can I leave my gun in a car when I'm going to the courthouse or do I not carry that day. Where I live my gun is just as secure in my truck in my driveway as it would be in my house. Do you think that if people stop leaving guns in cars then criminals won't get guns? Food for thought.
The odds of a thief stealing in the dead of night from someones unlocked car is vastly different from leaving your car unattended for a short period of time. My point is that an ounce of prevention would keep things like a gun from being stolen. Your situation may be different, vehicles targeted are in a suburban neighborhood or car garage where anyone can just try multiple doors to see which one was unlocked.

The gun is not causing further crime, the person behind the gun is causing further crime. If one prescribes to the argument against gun control that the gun is an inanimate object and that controlling inanimate objects will do nothing to prevent firearm crime....Then one also has to prescribe to the argument that no matter how one obtains a firearm, it is the individual human behind the trigger that is to blame and the actual firearm has nothing to do with it.

Its really not an either or argument, an inanimate object is an inanimate object, no matter the nuance of the circumstance. Is leaving an unsecured firearm in a vehicle a bad idea, sure....is the person that had their vehicle broken into and firearm stolen responsible...no.

I agree it's not the gun, but the person behind it. My point was to help keep those weapons out of easy reach from an unlocked vehicle overnight. I really don't understand why this is snowballing out of context. No one here is blaming the person, just trying to illuminate the fact that many think it's safe to keep their gun in their car overnight. I know I'd feel awful if it was used in some school shooting by a teen or some drug addict using it against a cop, that's why I don't keep a gun in my vehicle overnight. If I had secure storage I'd love to keep a shotgun in my vehicle for emergencies, but I only carry my sidearm instead.

It's just too easy for car thief's to acquire a firearm if the community thinks that it's a safe place to store it. It should be habit to take it with them overnight rather than keep it stored in the vehicle for months for a "just in case" situation. Even nice neighborhoods have teens that stray down the wrong path and stealing from vehicles is probably where they begin. Is it so wrong to limit what is possibly stolen?

Is it so wrong to limit what is possibly stolen?
Its not wrong at all, but the govt of New York was blaming the gun and gun owner and I think that is where that stems from, and people tend to attack and blame the victim of the theft when things are stolen from vehicles instead of attacking the criminal. Happens time and time again. While you can do things to mitigate theft from your vehicle, at the end of the day, it is not the fault of the victim.

Its not wrong at all, but the govt of New York was blaming the gun and gun owner and I think that is where that stems from, and people tend to attack and blame the victim of the theft when things are stolen from vehicles instead of attacking the criminal. Happens time and time again. While you can do things to mitigate theft from your vehicle, at the end of the day, it is not the fault of the victim.

Well, it's my bad for the link. I should have looked into them for any left wing propaganda & by no means support their narrative.

This was where I found it, starts at 3:15 mark --->

Its not your fault if you leave a bike in your front yard and someone steals it, its the criminals fault. Can people do something to help prevent the criminal (who is actually at fault) from stealing it...sure...but it is still the criminals fault.
That's BS. Knowing that there are people that will steal your bike or your gun and leaving it accessible to them anyways means you are irresponsible and hold some of the blame.

Well OF COURSE we're not supposed to be responsible gun owners.
We should do whatever the hell we want. 'MERICA !!

FrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooooooooMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

1638107264836.png

You've got the right to be stupid and reckless with other people's safety.
( For now --for a while . Up until you don't anymore.
The Government stands ready to step in and take your gun rights,
your privacy rights, put cameras in your homes, etc.
They're looking FWD to that day. All it takes is more selfish, stupid,
or criminally-minded people abusing the freedom that presently exists.
Then you may not have it anymore.)

Back
Top Bottom