• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen guns South Cobb.

No alarm no safe no camera system. Backyard opens to wooded area with a trail on it. I work a predictable scheduled. Single so if I am not home no one is. Live like a hermit crab so no one comes over and hangs out at my place.

I figure it is 50/50 on the missing package or local thieves. Willing to bet the finger prints they lifted will come back as mine. Most of the stuff they moved was poo pooed by the detective as having the wrong texture for a print to be recoverable on.

Even if I put a better door on they can just use the window next to it. Going to walk the woods today when I get home. Maybe they dropped it in a pile to carry off later. Will call the insurance to see what they will pay. I think I only have a 500 dollar deductible and did take some of the better options so I might not be too bad on that.

I do hate myself for letting it get out into the street. Could be years down the road and a gun turns up used in another crime. No sleep due to too much **** going through my mind. I generally avoid having problems but this one makes up for that.

Hate to hear as well. Truck window was broken at work in Atlanta. Got lucky all they got was Dodge Ram bag with tire shine and glass cleaner . Didn't find my Kimber thank God hate these kind people with passion!!!!!!!

No alarm no safe no camera system. Backyard opens to wooded area with a trail on it. I work a predictable scheduled. Single so if I am not home no one is. Live like a hermit crab so no one comes over and hangs out at my place.

I figure it is 50/50 on the missing package or local thieves. Willing to bet the finger prints they lifted will come back as mine. Most of the stuff they moved was poo pooed by the detective as having the wrong texture for a print to be recoverable on.

Even if I put a better door on they can just use the window next to it. Going to walk the woods today when I get home. Maybe they dropped it in a pile to carry off later. Will call the insurance to see what they will pay. I think I only have a 500 dollar deductible and did take some of the better options so I might not be too bad on that.

I do hate myself for letting it get out into the street. Could be years down the road and a gun turns up used in another crime. No sleep due to too much **** going through my mind. I generally avoid having problems but this one makes up for that.
I know how you feel, I had my house broke into 3 years ago. It's a sick feeling. 2 days after buying my first ar I bought a safe and I'm glad I did cause that was about the only thing the fool who robbed my house didnt get was guns. He's about to be released from prison soon so it makes me a little uneasy now knowing that he will be back out. I didnt sleep well for a while after the house got hit. Good luck and I hope they catch them.

Last edited:

As an NRA member isn't there some gun insurance that goes along with membership?

Always keep your firearms serial numbers without the serial numbers there's no way you'll ever see your Guns again they just landed up in a police locker and then they go off to be auctioned . if you have the serial numbers and they make it to the hot list years may go by and still there a chance your guns will come home ............. scumbag thieves suck

Last edited:
Let us know what the insurance says. Is it a 2500 limit on guns?

A poor man's safe is a big metal gang box from Lowe's. Take off the wheels and throw a bunch of bags of concrete in the bottom.

Sorry to hear about the Break-in.... Know it's a bad bad feeling

2500 limit on insurance. 1000 deductible. That at least gets me something back.

One gun is covered by the credit card purchase protection plan which has a limit of 500 but that will cover that one fully.

It is what it is.

Sorry to hear man thieves deserve a special place in hell and just an FYI these guys will prob be back after some time has passed. I had my house robbed every year for 3 yrs straight at approx the same time of year they know what you like/have and assume you will replace things over time. No defense is undefeatable but the combination of a few things ie: safe and security system gives them less time to work and protects the most valuable things.

I just keeps getting worse...they came back on the 21 of January. Totally tossed the whole house this time. Went into the attic, climbed on top of my garaged car to look in the crawl space above the garage. Emptied all the closets. Even pulled the drier door open to look in there???

I had done some strengthening to the door which turned out to be a mistake. They broke a window this time and it is harder to find the replacement glass for the window. Would have been easier for me if they broke the door glass again as I have a local source for that replacement.

Took a camera this time that has to be 25 years old.

Same Cobb county detective that investigated last time came out again. He spent an hour with the Sheriffs dept crime scene tech talking about going on vacation to Tenn. I blew up and told them them I was pissed at their lack of professionalism for BSing in stead of getting the job done so I could board up and eat dinner.

Cops figure it is the same guy. Figure since it was a good haul last time that it was worth coming back. After the extensive search this time they would have to know/ be satisfied that there is nothing left in the house.

Back
Top Bottom