• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

STOLEN Ruger Blackhawk- Willing to buy it back!

Howdy all,

I know this is a long shot, but here goes...

My father passed away in January. While cleaning up his things, his Ruger Blackhawk 44 magnum turned up missing.

About this time last year, he was having trouble with these two POS that he hired to help him around the place. I ran them sonsa*****es off after realizing they stole a ladder from me, but I guess we missed that the pistol was gone.

If you bought an older, blued Blackhawk .44 mag (with a 6.5” or 7.5” barrel & unfluted cylinder) in the Watkinsville or Athens area from a piece-of-trash house painter named Richard Simonson or his garbage girlfriend Kayla Cook anytime in the last year or 18 months, it was stolen from my father. I don’t know the serial number, and don’t know what good filing a police report would do without one. Both them sonsa*****es have skipped town anyhow, after being arrested for other things.

I would know the gun by a few rust spots and the old style Hunter holster it wears, and I will buy it off you for whatever you paid, no questions asked.

Please share this far and wide.

My father left us too soon, and suddenly, and he didn’t leave me much but a Buck knife, and some fine fly rods, and garage full of tools, but there’s a hole in my heart where that bad 44 belongs.

Thank you.
Maybe...
http://www.onlineathens.com/local-n...man-charged-slow-car-chase-through-2-counties

I would suggest filing a police report and laying out the scenario. You may never get your pistol bag but at least you know you did the right thing. You did try to help someone

If you don't have the numbers, I really don't think they will give it back to you.
If your Grandfather bought it new, and his name was attached to your report, then if it was recovered, the numbers run, and it came back in his name you might be able to reign possession.

When the numbers are run on a weapon, only the New purchasers name will be associated with the firearm.
If it was purchased second hand, even from a FFL The government doesn't have access to those paper files stored in the back room.

Back
Top Bottom