• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen Valor

Funny you say that.
Neighbor in Alabama told me he was supply truck driver in WWII. Wish I had gotten more information about where all he travelled. From what he said, he delivered supplies in several countries. RIP

A member at my Church in Alabama told me about his service in Iraq. Said he basically worked at fenced in constructions sites the whole time he was there and never saw any action. I found that more credible than the super soldier that told me about losing his good knife because it got stuck in the skull of an insurgent.
My grandfather also drove a truck during WWII. He was stationed in Europe, but never saw combat. He dropped a crate on his foot while he was unloading a truck and got a purple heart for it.

Later, my Grandfather did see combat during the Korean war, and apparently lots of it. He carried the literal scars on his face until he died. The emotional scars were probably deeper, but he rarely spoke of anything he did.

On the rare occasion that he did, my grandmother was always there to keep him in check. Example, I don't remember what it was, but something on the TV set him off and he went on a heated rant about what he had personally sacrificed. My grandmother said, and this is a direct quote to the best of my memory, "Yeah, big ****ing war hero dropped a crate on his foot."

On the rare occasion that he did, my grandmother was always there to keep him in check. Example, I don't remember what it was, but something on the TV set him off and he went on a heated rant about what he had personally sacrificed. My grandmother said, and this is a direct quote to the best of my memory, "Yeah, big ****ing war hero dropped a crate on his foot."
LOL! They can be savage that way.

Back
Top Bottom