• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

STOLEN Walther PPK/S Ser. 116822

When I run a weapon on ncic, I run by serial. It returns everything with that serial listed as stolen. Each record has the make and model and finish. I then compare what I have in hand to what the record returns. If the serial doesn't return stolen at all, then I have no worries. I don't know what procedure hotguns has, but serial is required for any entry on ncic so....just food for thought.
The serial number is in the title....Badger's a smart man....

When I run a weapon on ncic, I run by serial. It returns everything with that serial listed as stolen. Each record has the make and model and finish. I then compare what I have in hand to what the record returns. If the serial doesn't return stolen at all, then I have no worries. I don't know what procedure hotguns has, but serial is required for any entry on ncic so....just food for thought.
Serial, yes but no manufacturer, model, or any other info... Serial # can be the same from different manufacturers... Food needs met.

Serial, yes but no manufacturer, model, or any other info... Serial # can be the same from different manufacturers... Food needs met.
Obviously what I'm trying to convey is not being understood. My fault. Let me explain. Yes make and model are required for ncic "entry". But when I "run" a gun, I run it by serial only. If a stolen report returns it will provide the make and model that was reported. I then compare it to the gun in question. It isn't that I was saying that the make and model is not required, it's just you can run a gun by serial and if it returns not stolen, the rest of the information is not needed. That's what I was trying to convey.

Obviously what I'm trying to convey is not being understood. My fault. Let me explain. Yes make and model are required for ncic "entry". But when I "run" a gun, I run it by serial only. If a stolen report returns it will provide the make and model that was reported. I then compare it to the gun in question. It isn't that I was saying that the make and model is not required, it's just you can run a gun by serial and if it returns not stolen, the rest of the information is not needed. That's what I was trying to convey.
My original statement was that hotgunz is not a very reliable site...

I got it...I kinda figured you'd have the gun in hand, and knew the make and model, you know, since it was right there in your hand...Well, you get it...

Back
Top Bottom