• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stone Blade Knives

Deleted member 13569

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
First of all, I'm not a knife collector, but about 30 yrs ago my son gave me two gifts ... stone blade knives made by John Tuttle, master flint knapper and knife maker. He is the "owner" of Vision Maker Co., in Natchez, MS.

At my age, I'm at the point in my life when collectibles have to go ... but these are beauties ... and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are worth and how best to sell them. From what I see on the Internet (Tuttle is old, like me, and doesn't have a website) they should be > $200 each.

They are authentically reproduced stone blade knives. The stone blades were knapped with an antler hammer. Stag antler handles are attached to the stone blades with deer hide and deer hide glue.

Any info will be appreciated. And ... if anyone is interested in buying them, please send me a PM with your offer.
Thanks,
Joe
DSCN0682.JPG DSCN0684.JPG
DSCN0685.JPG DSCN0686.JPG DSCN0689.JPG

IMG_1032.PNG

I did a quick google search and found that someone with the last name Tuttle had been making these type knives for a company called RG Russell. I searched that website and found this. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom