• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoopid people .. really an illegal sbr...fir sale . Don't do this

The comments on that article are full of people giving bad information. The laws are hard enough to understand without people who don't know what they are talking about trying to sound like they do.

View attachment 1248820

Lol, maybe post this.

IMG_0359.JPG

Based on the article he listed the items as accessories to the pistol he was selling. You can sell items separately all day long with no problem. You can even buy them from PSA on the same order. How does the ATF know that I don't have a pistol lower at the house that I want to complete with a upper? Then PSA has a killer deal on a complete AR Rifle lower. I have no intent of assembling them but want to purchase them at the same time. Why would that be against the law?

Just saying you can sell or purchase them as separate items as long as you clearly state that they are not being sold as a unit to be assembled.

Based on the article he listed the items as accessories to the pistol he was selling. You can sell items separately all day long with no problem. You can even buy them from PSA on the same order. How does the ATF know that I don't have a pistol lower at the house that I want to complete with a upper? Then PSA has a killer deal on a complete AR Rifle lower. I have no intent of assembling them but want to purchase them at the same time. Why would that be against the law?

Just saying you can sell or purchase them as separate items as long as you clearly state that they are not being sold as a unit to be assembled.
Because they can nab you for constructive possession. You're on thin ice if you do that. It's usually an add on charge, but if you're advertising it online, etc...then they know you have both components, and can make the judgement that you intend to assemble the parts.

That's what I was wondering. But how come an AR can be that short and not be AOW?

my understand is (and could be completely wrong on this) but to make a weapon an AOW still requires a 200 tax stamp but just has 5 dollar transfers so you have no real benefit to making it an AOW other than possibly a cheaper transfer but then i dont think you could add a stock so you technically could make it an AOW but it would be kinda dumb

Back
Top Bottom