• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoopid people .. really an illegal sbr...fir sale . Don't do this

So the difference hinges on the fact that this shoots a shotgun shell and an AR fires a bullet? Damn that's just dumb! Thanks for the info, that's a new one on me.

I think it's more of a smooth bore, verses rifled bore.......but who the hell really knows? Cause you know........feelings and ****......

So the difference hinges on the fact that this shoots a shotgun shell and an AR fires a bullet? Damn that's just dumb! Thanks for the info, that's a new one on me.
It's all a bunch of arbitrary nonsense rolled up into a law that nobody really likes....even most at the ATF.

He got nabbed for constructive possession because he was selling them as a set.
Correct, but that's not the only scenario in which you can be charged with constructive possession. You can be charged with running a stop sign in front of a church...or in front of a school, or in front of a...you get the idea.

Based on the article he listed the items as accessories to the pistol he was selling. You can sell items separately all day long with no problem. You can even buy them from PSA on the same order. How does the ATF know that I don't have a pistol lower at the house that I want to complete with a upper? Then PSA has a killer deal on a complete AR Rifle lower. I have no intent of assembling them but want to purchase them at the same time. Why would that be against the law?

Just saying you can sell or purchase them as separate items as long as you clearly state that they are not being sold as a unit to be assembled.
While you may be within the letter of the law, there's no way that I, as a private seller, would ever do that. Besides, all ATF needs to see is two for sale posts from the same user with a rifle lower in one and a pistol upper in the other. They then have RAS to visit you. And unless you have a home for that pistol upper, you get popped for constructive possession.

Technically, you're right...but I'd never do it or recommend it.

I did not know that. That's why I was confused. I'm still SMH but at least I know now. Thanks.
The argument, at least it was articulated to me, was that, given the close quarter increased lethality of a shotgun as the barrel length diminishes, 18" was as low as they wanted people to go. A 16" rifle isn't dramatically more lethal or less lethal than an 18" one. Where as with a shotgun and the patterning of the shot, supposedly, it is. I don't know that I buy that, but the old fella that told me the story sure seemed convincing.

Back
Top Bottom