• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Store firearms away from home ?

I only keep my cheaper semi automatic handguns loaded in various rooms of my home for defense. I have a friend in law enforcement that has a vault and he keeps my nice stuff safe for me. The only bad part is I can’t just go grab one of my beauties to look at and play with unless I make a long drive. It is nice peace of mind though.

I only keep my cheaper semi automatic handguns loaded in various rooms of my home for defense. I have a friend in law enforcement that has a vault and he keeps my nice stuff safe for me. The only bad part is I can’t just go grab one of my beauties to look at and play with unless I make a long drive. It is nice peace of mind though.
Vault? Like a safe vault? Or like a concrete and steel vault room?

I have my two most $$$ pistols in an SD box. As mentioned they don't monitor what goes in there so I'm not really concerned there. Worst case if they somehow found out they might make me remove them.

For more preppery stuff I do have a friend I keep some thing with 'just in case'.

I've seen one to many "water proof" containers fail over the years. A good enough safe will outlast a fire. Now, that's not to say it'd be cheap. But if you are that paranoid, find one with an extra long fire rating.

Back
Top Bottom