• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Store Owner Shoots and Kills Shoplifter Walking Out The Door

As long as no one's life is in danger, I'm staying the hell out of it.
Don't you remember Spiderman's backstory where he doesn't stop a robber, who immediately after carjacks and kills his Uncle Ben? Lol, just saying...

Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

It's clear that you don't think anyone should defend themselves or attempt to stop bad people from doing bad things.

Would I have shot this guy if it was my store? No and I damn sure wouldn't be trying to grab him as he's stealing my hatchet. We all have the benefit of hindsight, watching the video, and carefully considering it. The shop owner had seconds to react and he made a choice. I can't fault him for wanting to protect his property from theft.

I don't see how anyone who believes in justice can say that the dead guy is in the right here. Did he need to die? Probably not, but he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
"It's clear that you don't think anyone should defend themselves or attempt to stop bad people from doing bad things."
That's complete BS. Just because I don't think someone should be killed for a misdemeanor crime has nothing to do with my opinions on the use of deadly force for self defense. If I didn't think a person has the right to defend themselves, then why the hell have I gone through the trouble of carrying a weapon and staying proficient with it for more than 30 years?

"The shop owner had seconds to react and he made a choice. I can't fault him for wanting to protect his property from theft."
He made a bad choice. It is the responsibility of anyone that chooses to use deadly force to know the law and abide by it. Part of that law is that you cannot use deadly force to protect property. This guy killed him because he got out of his grip and was going to get away with a $15 hatchet. That's a load of crap and the shop owner should go to prison for needlessly killing another person.

"I don't see how anyone who believes in justice can say that the dead guy is in the right here. Did he need to die? Probably not, but he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize."
No one is saying the dead guy is in the right, but the shooter is very much in the wrong. Forget the law, if you are willing to kill someone over a $15 hatchet you are seriously "F" up and need to be off the street before you kill someone else.

Don't you remember Spiderman's backstory where he doesn't stop a robber, who immediately after carjacks and kills his Uncle Ben? Lol, just saying...

Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
The greater evil in this situation is the shooter, not the petty thief.

The greater evil in this situation is the shooter, not the petty thief.
Really? Had the thief never tried to victimize the location then he'd still be alive

The other guy didn't invite this trouble and instead of our criminal system handling criminals they rinse and release; then when said criminal gets killed doing criminal **** its up to that same justice system to persecute (not prosecute) the poor law abiding sob trying to stop it

Moral of the story is recidivist criminal ****bags get a fairer shake then regular folks

Really? Had the thief never tried to victimize the location then he'd still be alive

The other guy didn't invite this trouble and instead of our criminal system handling criminals they rinse and release; then when said criminal gets killed doing criminal **** its up to that same justice system to persecute (not prosecute) the poor law abiding sob trying to stop it

Moral of the story is recidivist criminal ****bags get a fairer shake then regular folks
Your premise is wrong. "poor law abiding sob"s don't kill people over a $15 hatchet. Only assholes guilty of at least manslaughter do.

There are two criminals here. The shooter is the much greater of the two.

Reactions: MRM
Your premise is wrong. "poor law abiding sob"s don't kill people over a $15 hatchet. Only assholes guilty of at least manslaughter do.

There are two criminals here. The shooter is the much greater of the two.
So had the thief not entered his store and physically tried to steal would he be dead?

Would he be guilty in your eyes if he was police?

But whatever , we both have our minds made up. I personally dont guve a **** about dead criminals who drag normal folks into their hemisphere of ****. Hope you dont have to deal with being hamstrung by what is maybe technically legal whilest being victimized

Back
Top Bottom