• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Storm in the hood on Friday 13!!!!!!!

wildbill1973z28

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   1
Reaction score
Ok y’all know we been sick and in the house for 2 weeks! So date May be wrong, but it stormed so bad for so long! Right above the house! And I see this am, how lucky we are! Lightning hit not 40 ft. From the house big poplar Tree! So once again me and mine are counting our blessings and thanking the good Lord for looking after us! ( will insurance cover this)?the plants at the base of the tree are fried!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 81
Ok y’all know we been sick and in the house for 2 weeks! So date May be wrong, but it stormed so bad for so long! Right above the house! And I see this am, how lucky we are! Lightning hit not 40 ft. From the house big poplar Tree! So once again me and mine are counting our blessings and thanking the good Lord for looking after us! ( will insurance cover this)?the plants at the base of the tree are fried!
It’s over 100 ft. Tall

Better check the outdoor lights and stuff. We had a strike like that at the property (on a big poplar no less) and it traveled up to house, up gutter, burnt eve lights black, across to other eve and knocked bulb out in the yard. It also traveled to the shop 40 yards away on underground power like and knocked out the garage door opener. Test everything and make sure you don't have surprises.

Better check the outdoor lights and stuff. We had a strike like that at the property (on a big poplar no less) and it traveled up to house, up gutter, burnt eve lights black, across to other eve and knocked bulb out in the yard. It also traveled to the shop 40 yards away on underground power like and knocked out the garage door opener. Test everything and make sure you don't have surprises.
10-4 good to know

A friend had lightening hit his house one night. Set the attic on fire, thing is it smoldered for 8 hours before it went all inferno.

You should be fine now, but it is important to check shortly after a lightening strike.

^^This^^
We had one circuit in the house (?) that got tv’s fried on two different occasions. It was next to the glass and aluminum sunroom close to some tall pines. Put the last tv on a quality battery backup, no more problems.

Do we live in the same neighborhood lol? That lightning storm was right above us too, multiple hits right around the house, only damage thankfully was few outlets got blown and my battery charger.

Check all your electronics too.
The only way we got insurance to pay for our downed , lightning struck tree was because it hit my fence and took part of it out. If you had no actual damage to your house/shed/fence, any insured structure, then i doubt you will get coverage. I can’t say what they will do though.

Back
Top Bottom