• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story on Channel 9 News re:Use of Deadly Force Laws & Mandatory Training Laws

"Monte Sanders owns Protective Measures in Dalton."

Me thinks someone is trying to drum up some business...

"Monte Sanders you shoot to stop, not to kill. The second your life is no longer in danger, and the aggressor stops, you put the gun down."

:der:

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned about that sentence involving "In most cases, you cannot use lethal force to protect property".

Defense of property other than habitation; Lethal force cannot be used to protect real property unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(e) As used in this Code section, the term 'forcible felony' means any felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any person and further includes, without limitation, murder; felony murder; burglary; robbery; armed robbery; kidnapping; hijacking of an aircraft or motor vehicle; aggravated stalking; rape; aggravated child molestation; aggravated sexual battery; arson in the first degree; the manufacturing, transporting, distribution, or possession of explosives with intent to kill, injure, or intimidate individuals or destroy a public building; terroristic threats; or acts of treason or insurrection.

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-11-131.html

It would, IMO, have been much more informational to the public to state verbatim the actual law instead of giving an opinion open to ambiguous interpretation, but that's my opinion. And I don't agree with your viewpoint on training (people aren't encouraged or required to take a civics course to vote) but I respect your position.

"Monte Sanders you shoot to stop, not to kill. The second your life is no longer in danger, and the aggressor stops, you put the gun down."

Actually not so much . I've made around 8 times the income in commission selling commercial & high end residential real estate than I did this year in classes... and it was a pretty busy year.
This was more of a public service.

This was at their request. I haven't seen it yet as I have ironically just got home from a small class.

As far as the last statement.... every school I've ever been to advocates (in a civilian context) to stop shooting once the threat is neutralized... you have a better suggestion?

And the reporter did paraphrase (imagine that?) what I said...

Last edited:
Actually not so much . I've made around 8 times the income in commission selling commercial & high end residential real estate than I did this year in classes... and it was a pretty busy year.
This was more of a public service.

This was at their request. I haven't seen it yet as I have ironically just got home from a small class.

As far as the last statement.... every school I've ever been to advocates (in a civilian context) to stop shooting once the threat is neutralized... you have a better suggestion?

But if you could lock in every WCL applicant as a student for your class?

Both quotes are poorly worded and and imply a conflict of interest. I guess that is journalism...

Back
Top Bottom