• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story time. Lesson learned.

Backin1775

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
So last night there goes a bump in the night. I grab my M&P with a trl1 attached. I rack a round in the chamber and crack the bed room door open. I begin to clear the house. ( surprised the light did not blind me)I clear the bathroom, I clear the nursery, I clear the office and as i clear the guest bedroom the battery dies. I think to myself "great" but my night vision isn't totally gone. I move a little slower and verify house is clear. It turns out it was the shampoo that fell into the tub. So the lesson here is dumping a new set of recharged set of batteries and doing a quick turn on and off isn't enough. (Do a full charge and full discharge before trusting the batteries)Turns out one of the batteries is a defect and wont hold a charge for more than 30 seconds. Also the wife said I left her alone without a gun, so looks like there will be 2 night stand pieces going forward.

I hear you. But I wouldn't say these batteries were any cheaper then a none rechargeable streamlight. And there were a fresh set, I just never tested them as I should have.

Why have to rack a round into the chamber? Your batteries are not the only things not doing right.

I have a child not strong enough to rack a slide, but strong enough to pull a trigger. I figure racking a round is a lot faster than opening a safe at the moment. Dont get me wrong, when it's on me I keep one in the chamber. Now the chances of her getting to it is slim, but I'll take the second to rack the chamber then the seconds to opening a safe at the moment. Needless to say about unfair to judge dont you think?

As for kids not being able to work the action of a pistol, I've read about kids as young as 4 being able to do it, by hooking the rear sights on the edge of a chair or stair step and using their body weight to push down.
They can rack the slide on a 1911 that way.

Back
Top Bottom